Jocassee lake.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay!! Where is everybody? At the first of the year. It look like a group of regular divers. Hitting the lake at less once a month. Now they are all gone. So is anybody doing it through the week? :confused:

my buddy and i are there almost every weekend. we havent been since the beginning of july due to being in the keys. we were there yesterday and today, however i seen all new faces, no regulars.......i dunno. maybe they are all enjoying warm water right now lol. today was overcast but a great day of diving none the less

Here is my guess.
In early spring everyone is itching to get out and get in the water; Especially since most have been "in the house" all winter long. The first warm spell and everyone is out at the lake in their 7mil suits, drysuits, etc. Everyone is excited and talking!

Fast forward to the summer and everyone is out on vacation, Keys, Florida, camping, golfing, (insert activity of your choice here) and no one really wants to go dive at the cold lake!

Again fast forward to late fall, everyone is back out at the lake trying to get thoes last dives in. The air temps are cooler but the water hasn't cooled of as fast so everyone is jumping in and gathering together at the lake.

Dead winter...only die hards are out diving!

It's a big circle. I haven't been diving in about 4 weeks myself and I'm due to get back in the water. If I wasn't a poor diver I would skip the lake and dive in clear, warm water.

J:

come on jeremy,lets hit the lake,i have the boat going,did two dives off it today,had to go solo,my dive buddy didnt show.

I am going to try to dive Sunday any one else going to be there ?

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t made many trips this year. Hope this fall will be better. One thing I’m going to try and do. Is meet up with the Lake Lanier Looney Birds for a dive. A new place and fun people. I have a sister that lives in Atlanta. Not to far from the lake. That will give me a place to stay.

Dive safe..

Hey Miller,
I haven't planned any dive of the months aka DOM's this summer. I have had a lot of out of town non diving guests visit me this summer, between that and all the house remodeling and one sinus infection after another, I have become a closet neoprene snifer this season.

I am hoping to put something together for Septmember at the ramp.

The last time I went diving, my ears really bothered me, my buddy blew and o ring where the 2nd stage hose comes off the 1st, her computer froze and we both seemed to display the grace and buoyancy skills of someone who had never certified. It was just a dive where everything worked against us and we got out of the water with 1300 psi each and decided to come home. We never went below 20' and stayed close to the shore the whole dive. We had planned to say hello to the Bones Family, but with all the problems stacking up we stayed close to home.

Leah do you know the water temp and are the charters good?

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom