Job interview suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When an interviewer asks me if I have any questions I always ask the following:

What is the turn-over rate here?
Are you happy working here?

You are interviewing for the position but don't forget that you are also interviewing the company---you may turn them down!

Don't forget to sit up straight, don't cross your arms or legs, and smile. Body language speaks loudly.

Good luck!

Don't forget to ask about opportunities for advancement if it is not already mentioned.

A favorite question I ask anyone (no longer prospectus employers since i work for myself) is "What is your companie's vision?" or "What is your vision?" and "What is being done to work towards that vision?" The answers I recieve are sometimes very interesting!!

What is the greatest challenge to this department right now?
What is your strongest competitor/competition in this market?
Are there any plans to improve the company position against this competitor / competition?
How is this department working toward the over-all corporate goals?
What is the retention rate in this department?
Where is the Org chart located and is it up to date?
What are the lines of communication in this department?
Are the lines of communication well known and open in this department?
Is there a code of ethics and where is it located? Is it public?

CBulla:
Don't forget to ask about opportunities for advancement if it is not already mentioned.

A favorite question I ask anyone (no longer prospectus employers since i work for myself) is "What is your companie's vision?" or "What is your vision?" and "What is being done to work towards that vision?" The answers I recieve are sometimes very interesting!!

Good idea. It would be good to know if the company is planning on expanding. Thanks!

Bo Danker:
What is the greatest challenge to this department right now?
What is your strongest competitor/competition in this market?
Are there any plans to improve the company position against this competitor / competition?
How is this department working toward the over-all corporate goals?
What is the retention rate in this department?
Where is the Org chart located and is it up to date?
What are the lines of communication in this department?
Are the lines of communication well known and open in this department?
Is there a code of ethics and where is it located? Is it public?

Those are great suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for all the great responses. You've all been very helpful. I feel like now I'll be going into the interview very prepared. Keep those fingers & fins crossed! :goldfish:

Everything I have read here is covered in the book I recommended.....not to mention how to handle the awkward ...illegal....questions they may ask you.

I always ask the interviewer(s):

1) How long they've worked at the company/in the position
2) If they're happy
3) What hours they work
And most importantly, What's the best restaurant nearby. The rational being that the "go, go, eat at your desk types" usually can't think of one.

Good luck!

If you really feel like all your questions have been answered, it is good to review the questions that you had up front to show that you were prepared and to verify the answers.

Good luck :)

Had the interview yesterday....got a call on my lunch hour today....I got the job!! Woo hoo!!!:monkeydan :dance: :wave-smil :chicken: :banana: (ok, enough emoticons...but hey...I'm just a LITTLE excited)

Thanks everyone for all your helpful suggestions.

Oh gosh...I'm moving to Savannah....I gotta get packing!!

Back
Top Bottom