Suggestions on Hiring Underwater Videographer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've worked with some of the top guys in the business. They travel with upwards of 1/4 million dollars worth of equipment, probably closer to a half mil these days, so they're not going to be cheap. Watch some u/w documentaries, find some work that you admire and look in the credits for names. All of these guys will have websites.

Try contacting the Los Angeles Underwater Photographic society... LAUPS and see if they know someone who can help you. I think the contact is Bill Van Antwerp who is a member of this group @bvanant as well.
Thank you so much! I will be contacting them, I had no idea of their existence.

the only wannabe you deal with is in the mirror. Have you watched your own vimeo footage? No wonder no one wants to pay you 😆
Seriously? I shot it and put together the bits. Of course I've seen it. I'm an amateur. Always have been and always will be. I have no aspirations of ever getting paid to shoot. I'm the "get the boats and sandwiches and supplies guy" on the productions I've been on. A role I'm quite happy with as it pays stupid well for what I do.

Give Todd Winner a call, he is an awesome photo/video guy, is a Nauticam Pro and has made a bunch of TV and other video work
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom