Job interview suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachick01

Reaction score
I've been trying desperately for some time now to relocate down south. (I've been landlocked in MO waaaaaay too long!) I just found out today I have a job interview in Savannah, GA on Monday....woo,hoo!! :monkeydan I'm not really nervous about the interview but one thing I always have trouble with is when interviewers ask the question "Do you have any questions for us?". Most of my questions have been already answered in the interview so I can never think of anything. Does anyone have any suggestions for what type of general questions to ask at that point? Any questions that might impress them? Any other advice or tips anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. :blinking:

Research the company and ask questions that have to do with how they will get to their desired goals. And remember, the interview begins in the parking lot (you never know who's watching).

I look to devise questions to challenge but not embarres the interviewer. More or less I take the same questions I ask potential candidates and revise it to suit the situation of looking at a new company.

Good luck on you interview.

Here is some questions, I usually ask prospective candidates.
* "Describe your greatest on the job accomplishment."
* What have you done to make your job or your area more efficient or effective?
* Tell me about a situation where you had to come up with a creative solution to a difficult problem. Where did the creative idea come from?
* Describe a time when you took the initiative to improve a situation/fix a problem.
* Tell me about a time when you have had to get something done by leading others.
* "What do you consider to be your three greatest weaknesses?"
* "Describe your greatest on the job failure."
* Tell me about a tough decision you had to make. How did you go about making it? What did you do to help you decide? What was the outcome? Would you make the same decision now?
* Tell me about a time when you have had a major setback.
* Tell me about a problem that required a lot of analysis. How did you gather information? What alternatives did you consider? Which one did you select? What was the outcome?
* Think of a time when you were under pressure. How did you approach it?
* Tell me about a time when you received criticism for something you did.
* Give me an example of when you had very tedious or boring work to do.
* Are you better at looking at the big picture or attending to the details? Give me an example.
* What motivates you the most?
* "Why do you think that you are qualified for this position."
* "If I hire you, what performance can I expect to see?"
* "Describe your ideal job."
* "How do you see yourself fitting in at our company?
* "What concerns do you have about (fitting in) this job?

Go to Walden book store and pick up a copy of.....101 Interview Questions.... very good book.

dlndavid:
Research the company and ask questions that have to do with how they will get to their desired goals. And remember, the interview begins in the parking lot (you never know who's watching).

So true! :)

Hopfully they won't be asking me ALL of those! :) Thanks! Those will be helpful in preparing what they might ask.

PFF:
I look to devise questions to challenge but not embarres the interviewer. More or less I take the same questions I ask potential candidates and revise it to suit the situation of looking at a new company.

* Tell me about a situation where you had to come up with a creative solution to a difficult problem. Where did the creative idea come from?
* Describe a time when you took the initiative to improve a situation/fix a problem.
* Tell me about a time when you have had to get something done by leading others.
* Tell me about a tough decision you had to make. How did you go about making it? What did you do to help you decide? What was the outcome? Would you make the same decision now?
* Tell me about a problem that required a lot of analysis. How did you gather information? What alternatives did you consider? Which one did you select? What was the outcome?
* Are you better at looking at the big picture or attending to the details? Give me an example.

PFF:

Im going to show this to my daughter and practice interveiwing with these questions Thanks.

When my sister interviewed they asked her "What do you see as your biggest weakness?" Without missing a beat she said "Glazed donuts." She said the interviewer couldn't help busting out laughing and she got the job :)
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
When my sister interviewed they asked her "What do you see as your biggest weakness?" Without missing a beat she said "Glazed donuts." She said the interviewer couldn't help busting out laughing and she got the job :)
Ber :lilbunny:

Good answer! :) I'll have to remember that one...although my answer would be pizza.

Back
Top Bottom