Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice. Kona coast has some great diving, both from shore and boat. My personal wetsuite rule for Hawaii is: May - October 3mm. November - April 5mm. I was there in November and temps were 75 - 78˚ and I was very glad I had the 5mm. There was one DM I saw in a 3mm, but most of them were in 5s and a few in 7s.

Off Kona you can also run into cold spots. These are due to the fact that fresh water runs off the island not in rivers but by percolating down through the porous lava rock and upwelling as cold springs off shore. I've hit some very cold spring water on dives that made me glad I had the 5mm.

However, if you are going to just do a few dives over the week the 3/2 will probably be OK, and if not you can always rent a suit from one of the local dive ops.

Man I feel so bad. I finally got the scooter class scheduled and then I find out my aunt reserved a time share in Kona on the big island for the week before and the weekend of Easter and has invited myself and my brother's family out.

Ok I guess I don't feel toooooo bad :wink:

Hoping that the 3/2 I have is gonna be enough. Quick search showed 75 degree water and I was sans wet suit in 80 degree water before.

Since my brother's family will be there I'm thinking it won't be a dive-your-face-off type of vacation but oh well :D

To hell with the Family crap Mikey, Dive Dive Dive!!!

I am counting down the hours until I fly away to St Thomas!!!

Yeah, I was gonna suggest boat, but can you take them on a boat in 20-30' of water? I'd sure hate for you to drop them off in 100' and have them just sink. Though you might wish that about now...

:rofl3:I wouldn't do a thing like that now would I?:D

Yes I can get them into shallow water, That is not a Problem.:wink:

Aw, for some reason I thought you were leaving yesterday.
How'd the end of class go? This weekend actually looks beautiful for classes. I'm so excited!

Back
Top Bottom