Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you could use some help, wish I could be there to spread some diving enthusiasm.

Oh how great it would have been to have help of a DM, I was toting my own gear , while haveing to drag them out of the 2 ft serf that they could not get up out of and having to chase there gear that they did not secure the way i taught them, Then one had sinus Problems another one had more then enough weight but would not exhale wile desending.....LOL... One thing after another!!!!:D

Well, the sinus problems are a tough one, but I once helped a woman who was afraid of the water and was only doing it because her husband wanted to and she was just terrified. All it took for her was a smile, some patience and some one-on-one attention and we were diving together, holding hands, but it was enough to get her comfortable with the equipment.
Did you have these problems in the pool too?

It's definitely another level of difficulty carrying 30-40 lbs of lead up and down the beach and the stairs and into and out of the water on multiple dives. Confined water sessions don't prepare for that very well. Good for you for finding a solution for them!

Yeah, I was gonna suggest boat, but can you take them on a boat in 20-30' of water? I'd sure hate for you to drop them off in 100' and have them just sink. Though you might wish that about now...

Man I feel so bad. I finally got the scooter class scheduled and then I find out my aunt reserved a time share in Kona on the big island for the week before and the weekend of Easter and has invited myself and my brother's family out.

Ok I guess I don't feel toooooo bad :wink:

Hoping that the 3/2 I have is gonna be enough. Quick search showed 75 degree water and I was sans wet suit in 80 degree water before.

Since my brother's family will be there I'm thinking it won't be a dive-your-face-off type of vacation but oh well :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom