Jim Ernst Avatar...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly Kat, most of the comments are meant as tongue in cheek.
Besides when your assimilated into the collective you won't notice until its too late.

Hi Brewski,

:rofl3::rofl3:I know:rofl3::rofl3:

But still, I REALLY don't get what the fuss is about :confused:?

Humm, truth is that almost everyone is always assimilated into some collective - the question is do they choose which one or just fall into the easiest one :D.

Hi Brewski,

Humm, truth is that almost everyone is always assimilated into some collective - the question is do they choose which one or just fall into the easiest one :D.

I think it's always about choice, whether we know it or not. :wink:

Thanks Michelle!

Kathy.

I am not sure what to make of all of that.

In a past post you said your hose was inadequate , and then you joking told me to Behave, so I posted the smileys keeping there mouth shut.... You know like bite lip don't say it type thing!:confused:

I made NO comment about DIR.....?????

Hi Brewski,

Be careful once you come to the DIR side, you're forever changed. Make your choice carefully. :wink:

Kathy.

I am not sure what to make of all of that.In a past post you said your hose was inadequate , and then you joking told me to Behave, so I posted the smileys keeping there mouth shut.... You know like bite lip don't say it type thing!:confused:I made NO comment about DIR.....?????

Yeah their mouths were taped while one smiley was beating the hay outta the other one :D. Jim you are so cute just the way you are :D

Be careful once you come to the DIR side, you're forever changed. Make your choice carefully. :wink:

Is that a warning or a promise or both :wink:.

My research started back in March or perhaps even before when I met some FLA cave divers on SB, long before I met any Ca locals. As an ex-technical rock climber from the beginning the DIR philosophy made more sense than anything I had been taught. So when I decided to dive local, I tracked down the local DIR folks - they didn't find me.

I watched their DVD's sent by the FLA cave divers, read the book, dove with DIR divers, lurked in their forums. I believe I've made my choice very carefully so far without much influence, the rest will be experiential. The classes are soon to come.

Perhaps 90 instapartners in SE Asia while reading the fundies book this summer made the choice just a little bit easier :wink:! And certainly this did not hurt with the decision : http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...-real-rescue-course-very-close-near-miss.html

Jim & Brewski if I have a long hose, will you all still love me?

Last edited:
It's both, good or bad, you'll never look at diving the same. If you're not doing a regular fitness program I'd start as soon as possible. The GUE-F course is very demanding as far as LONG days, and both mental and physical stress. But at the same time it's exciting, and fulfilling, and a whole lot of fun!

It's both, good or bad, you'll never look at diving the same. If you're not doing a regular fitness program I'd start as soon as possible. The GUE-F course is very demanding as far as LONG days, and both mental and physical stress. But at the same time it's exciting, and fulfilling, and a whole lot of fun!

Doing Essentials with Don first - think it's the gentlest entry - anyway he has been mentoring me since last May so it makes sense. Now need quite a bit more control of the drysuit first - even though I am ready in the wetsuit now (praticed all summer).

Don says we should probably start classes in early October. Fitness, yup, 2nd week back in the gym, starting on the moutain bike, back in the pool for laps in a week - busy reclaiming my fitness from lazy tropical diving :wink:.

:confused: Oh brother....:rofl3:I am going out!

Ok now it's your turn to run -I guess I deserve that after my string of :no::no: smileys :D Have a fun night Jim!

Back
Top Bottom