Jettie Diving Panama City Beach/Destin ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabamatxn:
Is there a dive op in Gulf Shores that you like?

Down Under is local to Gulf Shores and they are a good bunch of guys. I use a LDS about 20min north(closer to where I live) called Underwater Works - I'm only partial to them because thats where I got certified. If I had been cert'd before coming to this area, I wouldn't have a prefference and would goto whichever shop was more convenient for me - they are both top-notch.

A quick search on yahoo will give you website for either shop.

scubabamatxn:
Also... what have you experienced regarding shark sightings? Bull sharks?

Missed this question earlier...

I've come across smaller sharks at the Whiskey Wreck, 2-4' in length, not sure on species. They posed no risk to me and I was delighted to see them, and I definately wouldn't mind coming across them more often. I have had a friend who was spear fishing in the area get scared off by sharks that wanted his catch.

Offshore, I've heard of other people on the boat spotting Bulls(up to 8' long) after I've already exitted the water with my catch. Again, I'm always dissappointed to miss a shark sighting...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom