Jettie Diving Panama City Beach/Destin ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little update on Whiskey, if you are still interested, lots of algae bloom but the the wreck is still 5-6' out the sand and visibility last night was ~25'(excellent for this area). Lots and lots of jellyfish :) and they aren't the pleasant kind - Ouch! We dove for about 80minutes and only popped a few flounder - ah well :) still aloota fun.

Robertsdale ~20min North of the beach.

We go down to Orange Beach once every three months-- we have family there, but I have not dived the area. In addition to Whiskey, what else do you recommend? I've also heard that there are plans to sink a CARRIER somewhere in the Pensacola area---true?

Also... what have you experienced regarding shark sightings? Bull sharks?

In the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area, there isn't much. There is the Whiskey Wreck, which is easily accessible, and atleast 2 other beachable wrecks that I've heard of(I haven't found these two yet) that are close to shore and shallow, but don't have any public parking in the general area making a small trip by boat necessary.

You can also dive the jeddies at Alabama Point, if you catch the tides correctly.

There are several charters you can contact that will get you to a variety of dive sites offshore.

They were suppose to sink the USS Oriskany this month, however, they are being held up for a few reasons concerning some of the materials left on the ship. It will be sunk a little more than 20miles off Pensacola in about 210' of water.

I've been using www.saltwatertides.com

To be honest, I preffer Ft. Pickens Jeddies, morso than the jeddies at Alabama Point and I preffer Destin's jeddies morso than either Ft. Pickens or Alabama Pnt...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom