Jets vs. Rocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I'll have to post a list of crap DOD has given us that: didn't work, falls apart, malfunctions regularly etc...

MilitantMedic:
Yeah I'll have to post a list of crap DOD has given us that: didn't work, falls apart, malfunctions regularly etc...

When I was with the 101st, I know almost all the TA-50 I got was used probably by 30,000 joes before I got to use, but when I did get something brand spank'n new I didn't have a complaint. But my M16 was used, abused, and I had a jamming problem, but I was there when I was issued a new M-4 and that thing was a piece of art I thought. And I'm guessing your a witch-doctor with the 25th, in a line company, so you got the used/abused infantry junk too.

Sorry, floating off subject. . .

But like anything else the military told AquaLung "Hey, the guys want this changed" and they did, but they didn't change much from the original.

Just different Straps & Buckels, mine are the old original ones, but I added the spring strap.

If you're like me and keep using gear forever (regulator 1978, Rocket fins 1984, for example) the Jets do have one big plus over the Rockets:

Bought from an authorized Scubapro delaer, the Jet fins now have a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. Considering that I don't have a fin fetish & am not thrilled about spending lots of money on fins, the odds are good that the Jets I bought last year will be the last pair of fins that I will likely buy for myself.

Rockets come with a 2 year warranty. They cost less, but not that much less. I paid $80 for the Jets.

Lil' Irish Temper:
LOL,
You owe a new computer for making me spit soda all over mine :D
Irishman?? soda?? hmmmm. Anyway,, Can't argue with a fellow "dope on a rope" but I think that the answer lies somwhere between, cost, supply #'s and the fact that the standard issue diver wont really use the fin as a rec. diver would. Reasonable?

Lil' Irish Temper:
So explain why the U.S. Military has been using/issuing Rockets for the last 50 years then instead of any other fin?

This is actually the reason why I went with the Rockets though many on the board tend to lean toward Jets.

Lil' Irish Temper:
I have Jets and Rockets and I like them both, but if someone put them on me without me knowing which was which, I don't think I would be able to tell.

I could certainly tell the difference if I am to dive with my Jets or Super Rockets. The pair of Super Rockets I am using is not as stiff as my Jet (unlike what previous posts said). I do feel the greater resistance of the Jets cutting through the water. The rubber material on my Rockets aren't as hard as those on the Jets. The Rocket bends more as I kick through the water and these bent are felt on my feet (since the pockets are softer than that of the Jet).

Well, these difference might be due to the fact that I bought my used Super Rocket over the eBay (since they don't sell it here locally) and my Jets are new from the LDS. :wink:

Anyway, I do enjoy them both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom