Jets vs. Rocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wunat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been reading at lot on thread before regarding how people comment the differences or similarities between SP Jets and AL Rockets. Most said that SP Jets are way more superior than AL Rockets while many said they are identical.

I have been using AL Super Rocket (got it on eBay) and just went out an got myself a pair of SP Jets after moving toward DIR system. I finally get my chance to test them myself.

The Jets are way "superior" to the Rockets. Excellent responses to various fin kicks. I find them very efficient. As a dive leader in some of the dives I did over the weekend, I have been doing mostly slow but strong frog kicks, divers commented that they have hard time keeping up with me.

What can I say.........................should have went straight with the Jets in the first place. Guess the Rockets will now sit as collectable item.

I've never compared the two side by side, but someone told me the vents are angled opposite on each. Is that true? Seems something must be different as at a glance they look nearly identical.

D.C.C.

My SP jets are the best fins I have used.
I'll never go back . I was sorry I didn't buy them first

i own a set of jets. i purchased it after the first set of fins i ever used dive rites, were lost. i honestly thought the dive rites were the best. i think me loosing the dive rites was a blessing in disguise:) coz of that i know have the jets. best fins ever made. i swear by them.

What I understand is the rockets are copies of the jets and not exact due to patent infringements. And that made the rockets inferior in propulsion to the jets.

BuoyantC:
I've never compared the two side by side, but someone told me the vents are angled opposite on each. Is that true? Seems something must be different as at a glance they look nearly identical.

D.C.C.

Not only the vents are different, I understand that the rubber material(s) is/are different. I am using "material(s)" coz I have read on some other thread that the Jets is actually made from 2 rubber materials. I think this is actually true as I can see that there is actually a "line" running along the 3 vents.

I find the Jets to be harder. Though require some stronger kicks, it cuts through the water harder and thus provide better distances.

Are there fullfoot Jets out there? Or does anyone know of a manufacturer that has fins similar to Jets but in a fullfoot version? See, I prefer not to wear booties...

Having tried both Jets and Rockets in a pool one after an other and swimming laps doing the frog kick, I liked the jets far more, I found them lighter and easier to use. Since that day in the pool I've used nothing but that an old pair of Jets, and the guys that I dive with say that I move along at good rate doing the frog kick with them. My old fins where a pair of Aqua Lung Blades II, what a waste of money. I paid $135.00 for my Blades and $10.00 for my old used Jets.

I got my Jets free when I was 8 years old...had them ever since =). Never going to change.

I am also a SP jet user and I agree with everyone. They are the best fins I have ever used.I would like to know how they compare to pivoting blade fins, i.e mares volo family (dacor tiger, sherwood kinesis etc). If I ever replace them it would be for these

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom