Jets v/s Turtels v/s Rockets v/s Rockets2??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since certification I have been using Mares Quatros and was quite happy with them. Then on the recommendation of my LDS I purchased a pair of Tusa X-pert splits. Much less effort and much less power. Then a Tech friend of mine let me borrow his Turtles for a few dives. Suffice it to say I have purchased my own Turtles and the splits are for sale. (i'll keep the Quatros for back-ups). The Turtles move me and my Doubles through the water with power and control and they let me turn on a dime. Plus, the weight of them helps keep my feet down in my dry suit.

I have several pairs of rubber fins with various names and one pair that is one Jet and one Rocket. I like the short blades because I can tell where the end of the blade is and that keeps me from hitting the top and sides of swim throughs, I can stay away from the bottom just fine but sometimes my longer fins drag on the bus ceiling for example. I also like the heavier fins because the tips naturally drop when I do a feet-first surface dive allowing me to maintain my momentum on descent.
Ber :lilbunny:

Generally I find people need a lot of persuading to try jets, but when they do, they no longer want their plastic fins. I used to dive with the shorter CD jets which were more rigid than the larger Scuba-pro I use now. The XXL Scuba pro jets are faster but I think they would suit me better if they were a trifle stiffer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom