Jet/Turtle question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most appreciated, ABQ. Still working on the Memorial Day plan. Though my wife is throwing fits at the idea of me going to Santa Rosa and not going to ABQ to visit my dad. Since he's got a set of tanks for me, I may have to find some way of doing both.

I'd love to give them a try. Esp to see how you got those springs on there in the first place.

Hoping to have her certified this month. If I do, I figure that means it will take a whole lot less convincing to get out and dive with you guys.

Does anyone know if size 8 Trek Boots would fit in a pair of Turtles?

Boogie711:
I'd try XL Jets. I wear size 12 Rock Boots in Turtles and they're a bit sloppy even then.

Man, I'm screwed! XL Jets are way too small for my Trek boots. I gues the Turtles won't fit either.

detroit diver:
On a side note-you need to remember that the fin's blade size is MUCH smaller on the Jetfin sizess under XL. So much so that they are not acceptable IMO.

This is not an issue. I wear L Jets on my size 9 feet. They work beautifully. When I dive dry, they won't fit, so I use XL Jets. I notice absolutely no difference in performance moving back and forth between my L and XL Jets. While the blade is considerably bigger on the XL's it makes absolutely no difference.

Wijbrandus:
Some people have said that these fins are not very decent for open water use.

I wouldn't use anything else.

Walter, What kind of Dry Suit boots are you using? If they fit XL Jet's I'm guessing attached boots right?

Walter:
This is not an issue. I wear L Jets on my size 9 feet. They work beautifully. When I dive dry, they won't fit, so I use XL Jets. I notice absolutely no difference in performance moving back and forth between my L and XL Jets. While the blade is considerably bigger on the XL's it makes absolutely no difference.

Your opinion. I tried them and thought they sucked big time. Less control, less force.

WOW with all i have read about teh size L jetfin sucking in comparison to the XL, What is a size 9 shoe (like me) to do.

I want jetfins but dont know what size to get.
If L sucks and XL is too big and turtles would be WAY too big
ANyone have an answer or rcomondation.

Always trying to improve

You will be just fine in an XL. I even dove with my size 8 Henderson 7mm Gold Core Booties on some tropical dives recentlyand they were great. They also fit fine with my size 8 Rock Boots when I dive cold water/Dry suit here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom