Jet Fins - What do the numbers mean printed on them???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkc_11_20

Registered
Reaction score
I have a question regarding some of the markings on several pairs of fins I own. Hopefully someone can help me out. I currently own two pairs of Jet Fins and a pair of Apollo Bio Fin Pros. The other day when putting on my Jet Fins I noticed on the inside of the fin where you put the sole of your boot the size is listed there "X-Large" in my case. Above the size there is a weird symbol like a circle with a bunch of dots in it, and below the size the number "1" is there. When I look on my other Jet Fin I see a number "2" in the same place as the "1" on the other fin. Just for the heck I looked at my other pair of Jet Fins and both of them have a number "1" in this location. I also looked at my pair of Apollo Bio Fin Pros and both of them have a number "1" in this location. Does anyone know what that number printed below the size means? Obviously it must signify some sort of difference. I'm just curious...

I always used mine to determine left and right.. they are marked 1 and 2.

An ID number for the particular molding die that the fin was created in?

They're just trying to confuse you. :wink:

The marking is the date code for when the fin was manufactured. It's a common practice for manufacturers. I am not looking at mine, but it may be fairly easy to decode. Some manufacturers only id the year, some the month and year, and some the day, month and year.

PerroneFord:
I always used mine to determine left and right.. they are marked 1 and 2.

So, his pair with two "1"s must be DIR fins. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom