Jet fins sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you again, i will follow your advice i will keep the fins and i will just change the spring straps.

my only problem now is that i bought them with the spring straps from Scubapro Jet Fin. Fins Open heel, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive and i asked them which size the straps are and they replied

"We recommended you to change the fin size if its to tight...the spring
straps comes with the right foot number..."

so i have no idea about if the XL fins comes with XL straps?

apart from that the service from scubastore was amazing the fins cam in 2 days from spain to greece and they replied to my email in few hours.

Put the fins on without fastening the straps. Measure around your heel from one buckle to the other. Order a set of fin straps that are about an inch or so shorter than that.

I wear size 11 shoes and use a size XL Jet with standard booties. If I were to dive dry with anything other than the dry socks then I would need a larger XXL fin.

The springs do not need to be tight as this will compress your arch and become very painful and lead to cramping.

N

Thank you all for your help,

I never had rubber fins before, i was using simple Scubapro sport jet fins and i am not familiar how its the proper fit for jet fins and i thought that its wrong 1/3 of the feet to be outside the fin.

After your help i think that the problem is with the spring straps, they are a bit tight, when fully seated the spring is a bit more than 2 inches extended and it compress my feet.

I bought the fins with Scubapro spring straps and i dont know which size they are. I asked the retailer about the size and i m waiting for his reply in order to ask for one size longer, even though i m not sure if they can change it because i bought the jet fins that come with spring straps already installed, made in taiwan.

PS it would be more convinient if instead of size in spring straps companies would write lenght in inches because as far as i have seen L in Scubapro might be XL in another brand.

PS it would be more convinient if instead of size in spring straps companies would write length in inches because as far as i have seen L in Scubapro might be XL in another brand.

Even that won't assure a fit because the exact make and model of boot can throw you off by a whole fin size.

One tactic is to buy the fins and see how that fit with the original rubber straps. With the new fins on your booted feet measure what you need and start shopping, some spring straps do indicate the pin to pin length. The rubber straps Jets come with are almost as nice as spring straps they are so stretchy at least while new so you can do without the springs for a while.

All things considered this is a prime case where dealing with a local dive store can save a lot of gyrations. Try, inspect, buy, go home, go dive, done!

Pete

yesterday i did my first dive using the Jet Fins and i didnt changed the spring straps.

All your advice was so correct, when wet the boot went deeper inside the foot pocket and the spring tension relaxed feeling very comfortable.

I loved the jet fins, lot of power especially when doing frog and great fins for control. The weight of the fins wasnt a problem at all i was wearing dry suit and sending some extra air to the legs it was easy to balance the extra weight.

In my opinion the best fins i have ever used.

Thank you very much for your help!

I am a great fan of jet fins. Used them for 40 years now and no matter what alternatives I tried over this time NOTHING came near their capabilities. The only downside with jet fins is the smaller foot pocket size... many divers who would be most happy in a Large are forced into X Large if they have a "sturdier" type of boot. Swim socks are perfect (on a boat) but can become uncomfortable if you beach dive over rocky type entries. Having LARGE rather than X LARGE gives you finer control in things like frog kicks etc, and do not degrade your kick power. There is one alternative you might consider ... the Jet Fin from XDEEP. A much bigger pocket and a much better spring strap and a match for the Jet Fin in every other way

I wear size 11 shoes (USA) and Large (L) Jet Fins and they fit great with 7mm hard-sole booties. When I wear them with 3mm fin socks I put 7mm neoprene pads where the top of my toes go otherwise they can get sore.

I love love love my jet fins. I found they break in a bit like a good pair of boots so if you can I recommend lap swimming in them. Mine suddenly became super comfortable after about three sessions of 45 min lap swimming. Before that my feet hurt a bit with them. Also I found them better with one pair of booties than another.

Back
Top Bottom