Jet fins sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a pair of XLs and will be wearing them with my 5mm boots. I only have size 10 feet. They felt snug. Looks like a couple of people with similar size feet and boots have size large fins?

They've changed the sizing on the new Taiwan models. The good news is that they come in some cool colors. The bad news is that apparently they've downsized the fins. here's a side-by-side comparison of my XXLs bought in 2004 (made in the USA) vs. an XXL pair I just ordered from scubapro.com. Kind of disappointing.

IMG_1864-XL.jpg

IMG_1866-XL.jpg

IMG_1867-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Jetfins are awesome time tested fins. Recently I tried the Scubapro SeaWing Nova fins and you know what?: I actually like them more. I find that they help me keep my trim in horizontal much much easier. Probably because they are not as heavy.

So if anyone wants to sell me their SeaWing Nova Size L, I may buy them. PM me.

Last time I checked, made in the USA Jet Fins with original-style rubber straps are still available. They come in size XL and XXL (which are really big).

The made in Taiwan Jet Fins are SP's knock off of the original and are substantially different in just about every way. I personally don't like them. I'll take the original Jet Fins any day.

Last time I checked, made in the USA Jet Fins with original-style rubber straps are still available. They come in size XL and XXL (which are really big).

The answer I found out today is "sort of". Yes the made in USA versions are still available...but the original XXL Jets I have are now sold as size XXXL. They come only in black and for some reason are sold without pre-mounted spring straps.

The colored jets with the pre-mounted springs made in Taiwan only come in sizing up to XXL.....which is not equivalent to the new XXXL :)

Jetfins are awesome time tested fins. Recently I tried the Scubapro SeaWing Nova fins and you know what?: I actually like them more. I find that they help me keep my trim in horizontal much much easier. Probably because they are not as heavy.

So if anyone wants to sell me their SeaWing Nova Size L, I may buy them. PM me.

I'm not sure if they were the SeaWings or not, but were very similar and made by ScubaPro--they fell apart suddenly. I was not impressed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom