Jet fins for your hands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It solves a problem that doesn't exist :)

One use I've thought of that could be good but haven't tried is for surf entries / exits. You can walk in with your fins clipped to your bc, get through the surf asap, and when you're deep enough to float, use the gloves to swim safely out of the surf zone. That way, you can comfortably put on your fins while in deeper water and not struggle in the surf. Same would go for rocky entries where it would be a big benefit being able to get out further from the shore into deeper water before putting your fins on and not worrying about the surf pushing you into rocks. Who knows, something I thought of but would have to try to see if it helped.

EXACTLY!

I had the opportunity to watch/study and video 20-30 divers, from novice to master, all in the water at the same time at Weeki Wachi springs state park in Weeki Wachi FL. For those of you not familiar with Weeki Wachi, It is a large, clear, natural spring with an underwater glass viewing area. It's sort of like watching fish swim in a fish bowl. My focus of course was on their hands.They ALL used their hands for a wide variety of manuevers. forward thrust, reverse (backing up), rotating and position control just to name a few. The most interesting thing I found was that every time someone used their hands, their fingers were in a relaxed OPEN position, not cupped for efficiency. This could, with little stretch of the imagination, imply that at one time in our evolution we may have had "natural finger webbing". By becoming land creatures the finger webbing dissapeared.

I still don't know how anyone who dives or snorkels can look at Darkfin Gloves and NOT GET IT!:confused:

The Devolution Continues!

I still don't know how anyone who dives or snorkels can look at Darkfin Gloves and NOT GET IT!:confused:

The Devolution Continues!

I greatly admire hard work and entrepreneurial activity but I must chuckle that master divers use their hands to skull, especially in cave country. Do any agency training manuals contain such advice?

I greatly admire hard work and entrepreneurial activity but I must chuckle that master divers use their hands to skull, especially in cave country. Do any agency training manuals contain such advice?

Maybe your just not paying enough attention. Most divers assume they are doing what they were trained to do when in fact, when no one is watching, most do what comes naturally. Darkfin Gloves won't appeal to everyone, many just won't get it. Divers who have them, like them, even if they are not essential to diving.:dork2:www.darkfingloves.com

Maybe your just not paying enough attention. Most divers assume they are doing what they were trained to do when in fact, when no one is watching, most do what comes naturally. Darkfin Gloves won't appeal to everyone, many just won't get it. Divers who have them, like them, even if they are not essential to diving.:dork2:www.darkfingloves.com

That's fair enough. I just woundn't lump master divers in the mix. The best of luck with the endevour...

I do like the idea that these gloves do not appear to get in the way at all. You're not forced to do anything different. You're just more efficient when you need to be.

While I try not to scull with my hands on a regular basis, these seem ideal for my least favorite part of the dive - the part between removing my fins and getting hold of the boat ladder. These may make life easier while I'm finless.

I also like the idea that those times when I do scull for some reason, I may be able to do it less.

For the majority of my dive, I have my hands folded in front of me, gathering up all my dangly bits. These gloves appear to be for those occasional moments when I actually do need my hands for propulsion.

Ordered a set just now to check 'em out. Will report back the next time I get in the water.

I do like the idea that these gloves do not appear to get in the way at all. You're not forced to do anything different. You're just more efficient when you need to be.

While I try not to scull with my hands on a regular basis, these seem ideal for my least favorite part of the dive - the part between removing my fins and getting hold of the boat ladder. These may make life easier while I'm finless.

I also like the idea that those times when I do scull for some reason, I may be able to do it less.

For the majority of my dive, I have my hands folded in front of me, gathering up all my dangly bits. These gloves appear to be for those occasional moments when I actually do need my hands for propulsion.

I could'nt have said it better myself!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom