Jet fins for your hands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bryan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
https://www.darkfingloves.com/scuba-diving.shtml

The claims:
  • Expect to be impressed.
  • Not since the jet fin was invented has there been a product that allowed those participating in water sports more control and maneuverability in the water.

At least they're paddle fins... if they were split fins, I dunno...

It solves a problem that doesn't exist :)

In general, I'd agree.

I can think of two use cases:

1. divers with disabilities
  2. swimming aids to build upper body strength

In general, I'd agree.
I can think of two use cases:
  1. divers with disabilities
  2. swimming aids to build upper body strength

I won't disagree with you there but I'm pretty sure I met you in Boynton Beach a while back and neither of us need these :)

One use I've thought of that could be good but haven't tried is for surf entries / exits. You can walk in with your fins clipped to your bc, get through the surf asap, and when you're deep enough to float, use the gloves to swim safely out of the surf zone. That way, you can comfortably put on your fins while in deeper water and not struggle in the surf. Same would go for rocky entries where it would be a big benefit being able to get out further from the shore into deeper water before putting your fins on and not worrying about the surf pushing you into rocks. Who knows, something I thought of but would have to try to see if it helped.

They make something very similar aimed at surfers. That is probably where they would work well. Although again, not needed.

Now scuba diving with special fins? I see many masks and regs flying away from peoples heads.

It solves a problem that doesn't exist :)

If every diver would inventory their dive junk, with the purpose of throwing out everything "non-essential" to Diving, they would have no junk left!
Darkfin gloves were not designed to "fix" a problem any more than swim fins were. Can you swim without foot fins? I certainly hope so. So why wear them if they don't fix a problem? You wear them because they make a difference. They change or enhance somthing. How many things do you have in your dive bag that did not exist 20-30 years ago? But now you just can't do without it. DUH!:D
WWW.DARKFINGLOVES.COM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom