Jet fins for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I'll get her the XXL Jets and some tubes of silicone. I'll pump the foot pockets full of silicone and have her stick her feet in until it sets up. :D

Seriously, it sounds like the mediums may be too small after all. I think I'll try her with large Jets first, then go from there.

JeffG:
Really? I should test that. I have 2 pairs of XL jets and I have a nasty time trying to get my current set off my feet.

yeah, it's really a pain as I just cant quite use the same set for d/suit and wetsuit (and the d/suit ones are really harder to get on than I like)

Thankfully I do about 2 wetsuit dives a year right now :)

JeffG:
Really? I should test that. I have 2 pairs of XL jets and I have a nasty time trying to get my current set off my feet.

yeah, it's really a pain as I just cant quite use the same set for d/suit and wetsuit (and the d/suit ones are really harder to get on than I like)

Thankfully I do about 2 wetsuit dives a year right now :)

I think the difference is just a manufacturing tolerance (or lack of) and not a design spec change.

micknewton:
Thanks for all the help people. I really appreciate it. Now I'm more confused than when I started. :D

My wife has ScubaMax Titanium 7mm hard sole boots in size 6. I think the medium Jets will fit. If not, then we can either try a different brand/style of boots, or send the Jets back and get a larger size.
i sold my M jetfins to a guy whose wife wears a women's size 6.5 3mm soft-soled booties - he said they fit her perfectly. i sold them because they wouldn't fit me. i use L jetfins whether i'm diving wet or dry - in street shoes i wear a women's size 6.5, my 7mm hard-soled neoprene boots are unisex-sized XXS or XS, and my bare trek boots are unisex-sized 5.

I have Women's size 10 feet (again gargantuan), and haven't had any problems with my XL's in wet boots or rubber drysuit boots. Large should be fine for your wife.

I have pretty small feet anywhere from a 6-7 womens. With my rockboots and drysuit I can barely fit into jets size Large jets. I had XL at first and it was easier to get on/off but they were really heavy so i went to L and squeeze in! Good thing is I could loose a strap and not loose the fin!

I can't imagine the Mediums would fit anyone who isn't really, really tiny. It's mainly because the foot pocket is shaped weird. While length and width are fine, they are not tall enough to accomodate most feet. I'm sure that sounds weird!

Miranda

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom