Jet fins for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micknewton

Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it that ScubaPro Jet fins (the DIR standard) don't come in womens shoe sizes?

Available Jet fin sizes are: M/7-8, L/9-10, XL/11-12, XXL/13-14

Most other fin manufacturers list sizes for both men and women, but ScubaPro only lists one range of sizes; apparently for men.

OMS Slipstream fins come in sizes: M, L, XL, XXL (which doesn't equate to any shoe sizes that I know of)

Is it because all DIR women have big, man-size feet, or am I missing something?

My wife was telling me that she would like to try Jet fins. She currently has Oceanic V-12 split fins in size small. She wears these on her size 6 hard sole boots and they fit fine. So, I tried to find Jet fins that would fit her boots. No go.

Should I just buy her the medium (7-8) size and hope they're small enough to fit her size 6 boots?

What fins do you DIR women use?
(note: DIR cross-dressers need not reply)

In warm, spouse uses medium Jets. Hard sole Henderson Octopus boots in woman's 7.

In cold water, she wear XL Jets...

Here's a video from our Kona trip, you can see the fins in action:

I wear a size 8 1/2 in women's shoes, and bought a pair of SeaSoft dive boots in size XS and a pair of Jets in size large.

The Mediums are really small... small enough that my kids use Mediums... kids are like size 5 or something... use the zip up boots with the flat soles that kind of look like the old Converse tennis shoes.

I must be one of those gargantuan DIR female types. My size 10 hooves fit into XL's just fine. :)

I'll have to see if I can find out what Hitomi uses. She's also a DIR female type but with small feet.

I have this fins for a small foot. But, I am not sure if this fins is compatible with DIR configuration.

When I'm wearing a wetsuit --- size L jets fit my feet perfectly. In my drysuit --- I wear a XL. My regular shoe size is a womens 8.5 -- go figure! Hope that helps!

You might find this chart helpful:

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/#fincomparison

I wear a size 9 (big man-sized feet, perhaps), and in wetsuit booties, I wear a L jet fin, and in my rock boots, I wear XL. If she wears wetsuit booties, my guess is that M would be too big. With drysuit boots, M would probably be good.

Since the DUI rockboots are sized in mens' sizes it makes fitting Jets a bit easier. My wife wears women's 9, and ended up in a mens' 8 rockboot, so the XL jets fit her well.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom