Jet fins for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a women's 6 1/2 to 7 shoe. I use L Jets with my dry suit. When I dive wet, I use a pair of high top tennis shoes over some polypro socks, and the L Jets fit perfectly.

Thanks for all the help people. I really appreciate it. Now I'm more confused than when I started. :D

My wife has ScubaMax Titanium 7mm hard sole boots in size 6. I think the medium Jets will fit. If not, then we can either try a different brand/style of boots, or send the Jets back and get a larger size.

I use M for a wet suit and L for a dry suit.
But I know there is a problem with jetfins if a woman has a small feet. One of the solutions (recommended one) is to replace straps with springs. This will help to keep a bit too big fins on her feet.

Mania

Here's the process: Try on the smallest size first. If that doesn't fit, try the next larger size. Continue until you find one that fits. :wink:

My foot is size 39 (I can never figure out what it is with the American sizing, it varies too much). I wear mediums with soft sole (size 6) wets, large with hard sole (size 6) wets and large with size 6 Rockboots.

Your wife might not fit into mediums because the pocket is not too high for hard soles (depends on style naturally, I don't know ScubaMax)

SparticleBrane:
Here's the process: Try on the smallest size first. If that doesn't fit, try the next larger size. Continue until you find one that fits. :wink:

One other thing is that (if I remember correctly), the blade size on the M and L is smaller than that of the XL. This means you probably get less propulsion from them. Feasibly it could be worth getting slightly larger boots and going with the XL fins. For really short people the XL might be too big, but if she just has small feet, could be worth it.

I've also noticed that the foot pockets in my newer XL's are smaller than my original pair, (by just a few mm but it does make a difference) which is another pain.

Just got jets last week and the pocket fit is the key. Larges werent high enough for me to get my drysuit boot (womans size 8) into and XL allowed for room on each side of the foot pocket at the entry points and my foot only extends about halfway into the pocket, yet.... they hold securely and I dove with them (ocean dive off boat) and they did not waffle or slide on me.

She has to try them. She has to be comfotable in them

on a side note, the OMS slipstream have a slightly different pocket which may actually fit better but the fin it self is slightly lighter

I use an XL Jet with size 12 feet (US sizing).
My girlfriend uses medium Jets with size 7 in womens. We found after a bit of experimentation that it also depends on the booties you're wearing.

I used her mediums in the pool for a few minutes one night. Stretched the rubber straps really far and it barely fit on my foot...I tried to kick and it felt like I wasn't moving. I got almost zero propulsion compared to what I'm used to with my XL Jets. Just a personal observation.

limeyx:
I've also noticed that the foot pockets in my newer XL's are smaller than my original pair, (by just a few mm but it does make a difference) which is another pain.
Really? I should test that. I have 2 pairs of XL jets and I have a nasty time trying to get my current set off my feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom