Jet Fin Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronski101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a pair of the scuba pro jet fins that are the fastest thing I have ever used but because they are heavy i have problems trying to keep them off that fragile coral when trying to take photos. does anyone make that same type of fin but out of a different density material to reduce that excess weight?

Ditto. The OMS I have barely even sank in freshwater before I added the spring straps. They are pretty close to neutral.

Ditto. The OMS I have barely even sank in freshwater before I added the spring straps. They are pretty close to neutral.

Now, the pair I tried recently seemed to be significantly more flexible than Jets. Couldn't stand them. Possible I was trying a "worn out" pair, or have others had this same experience?

As I can't fit an XL Jet over even my wetsuit boots, I can't say what Jets feel like underwater. The OMS feel pretty rigid, however.

Tom

Now, the pair I tried recently seemed to be significantly more flexible than Jets. Couldn't stand them. Possible I was trying a "worn out" pair, or have others had this same experience?

To me my XL Slips seem stiff as a board compared to my L Jets, but you and I may have had this conversation once before.

To me my XL Slips seem stiff as a board compared to my L Jets, but you and I may have had this conversation once before.

I wonder what was "wrong" with the pair I tried, as they seemed to be as "flippy-floppy" as any cheapo pair of fins I've ever had on.

May need to give them another go!

I have a pair of the scuba pro jet fins that are the fastest thing I have ever used but because they are heavy i have problems trying to keep them off that fragile coral when trying to take photos. does anyone make that same type of fin but out of a different density material to reduce that excess weight?

How about redistributing your other weights to compensate? Try moving some weight up north (toward your head)

I dive jets 100% of the time and have no problem being in the prone position and off the fragile stuff.

This isn't an equipment issue -- rather, it is a technique issue. Work on your trim and buoyancy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom