Jet Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
www.jetboots.com

Just wondering if anyone got any of these for Christmas ? I still haven't figured out if they are real or a joke. I vote for joke myself , but who knows, maybe some diver somewhere doesn't want to "fin" at all.

anyway, thought it was pretty funny and would share it with all.
BTW, watergal orginally sent it to me.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Foothillsdiver

:wink:

Hey, does anyone remember the cartoon "Marine Boy"? He is the one that chewed gum to be able to breathe underwater...had a mermaid and dolphin as friends? (no...the 60's were NOT that good to me!!)

Anyway, didn't he have boots like that?

I KNOW this wasn't a dream!!

I thought I remembered every cartoon there was. But you've got me on this one. The 60's huh, now I understand. You must have been watching on that channel sponsored by Dr. Timothy Leary!
LSD-TV

ID

Ok..I was born in '69, so maybe I should have said the 60's weren't that good to my mom. But, I swear...this cartoon did exist!! Guess in the 70's? It was the same type of cartoon as "Speed Racer"..with the big eyes, think it was Japanese.

Basic story was, human boy given secret gum that allowed him to breath underwater for a certain length of time in order to defeat the powers of evil. When I was a kid my friends and I used to get Trident gum and pretend that we were "Marine Boy" and dive into puddles and weeds.

I know I didn't imagine this....hmmmm...maybe my therapist would be interested in this... :wink:

http://www.sff.net/people/terry_mcgarry/marine.htp

I was born in '56 and I don't remember this cartoon at all.

Does this mean that the 60's were good to me? :)

Who was the comedian who had a joke along the lines of "Those who remember the 60s weren't really there!"?

Being only 13 in 69 I guess I wasn't really there. :)

I still don't remember this cartoon, and being a Sea Hunt fan I think I would have remembered it if I had ever seen it.

Roak

*sigh*...maybe I did imagine it. Anyway...I have a GREAT idea for a cartoon..... :wink:

Originally posted by scubabunny
*sigh*...maybe I did imagine it. Anyway...I have a GREAT idea for a cartoon..... :wink:
You missed my point: It does exist and I'm surprised I don't remember it -- check out the link I posted!

Roak

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! I completely missed the link the first time I read your post.

I KNEW I wasn't stoned when I was 4!!!

Don't know why that cartoon stuck in my mind...but might explain a few things about my life now, huh?

Back
Top Bottom