Jet Blue coming in with bad front landing gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlndavid

私は寿司およびアジア女性を食べるã
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looks like a Jet Blue plane is coming in for an emergency landing at LAX.
They've been burning off all the fuel, as they don't have a way to dump it manualy, but are about ready to land. I hope that all on board are ok.

crossing my fingers for them

they should make it ok if they can bring the nose wheel
down nice and slow, which they should be able to do

ooh, better order another 5 double vodka's, oh, and where is that hot flight attendent?

they were supposed to land at 8:50, ET (5:50 PT)

it's down and safely

awesome... good flying there

ShakaZulu:
ooh, better order another 5 double vodka's, oh, and where is that hot flight attendent?
Shaka, I thought you still called them stewardesses. And I bet the booze was flowing freely on that flight.

Unfreekin Real...

What a landing. OMG, what a landing.

I landed at LAX at about 6:00 PM tonight from Atlanta - as we were taxi-ing in we saw the fire crews along the runway, and we're all "that can't be good... but it ain't us..."

I get in the cab for the 10 minute ride home, and he has the news on. I hear what's going on... WOAH.

As we're going down Lincoln (by In-n-out for you locals) there is a line of cars - people lining Lincoln like a parade... awaiting the landing. There are fire crews all along Sepulveda at the blast wall, and a couple along Lincoln.

I get into this house, kiss Wifie (kiss her again) and have her put on the news... we're sitting close on the sofa, watching this thing come in, totally praying and holding hands.

It lands, she cries, I rejoice.

Unreal.

Huge props to pilots. You guys rule.

I'm still shaking. Man.

---
Ken

that's why an autopilot is never enough

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom