jersey uplines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe R.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
:wink: Does anyone know how to make and rig an upline? I'd like to make my own. Whats the best rope to use?

Unless you have a cheap source for SS and a friend who is a welder, you aren't going to save much money. check out

http://www.techdivetools.com/reel.html

He is very reasonable and makes a quality product.. I also highly recommend his SS hammer and chisel..

I only have limited experience with Jersey uplines, since there isn't a lot of current to have to worry about in my neighborhood. My understanding (what I was taught) was that one of the keys is to use a biodegradable line, such as hemp, manila or sisal, so that the line you leave behind will at least rot over time.

That SS reel padiscubapro posted a link to looks really sweet, but mine is just a plastic cabling spindle with a metal rod and a heavy clip on it. Hemp was about US$0.15, manila and sisal about half that price. You will have to replace hemp/manila/sisal every season, it's going to rot whether you use it or not.

Aqua Explorers has a small version on their website...including photo of it mounted to a rig.

So, visiting the site above, how does one remove the up line for use if it is attatched to the middle of the double rig? I don't have that much flexibility, which is probably why I haven't gone to the double config: can't reach the valves real well even with a single.

Just a curiousity, thanks :)

Wouldn't do much good if you couldn't reach it to deploy the thing, would it? Possible solutions to being unable to reach the upline if you mount it between your tanks:

>Find another place to hang it. Bungee it to a deco bottle, clip it to a D-ring, mount it on your buddies rig...

>Have your buddy reach it. It's deep water, so you presumably have more than a SOB along with you...

>Remove your rig so you can reach it. If it's a choice between surfacing a hundred yards from the boat or somewhere near Nova Scotia...

>Join a health club and take yoga lessons. Kind of expensive, but the teacher is probably a 23 year-old cutie and may even take pity on your stiff back...:wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom