Jellys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcaderunr:
OK, reality check here. Hasn't ANYONE looked at Thalassamania's profile without a guffaw reaction. C'mon people, if this adolescent/shut-in/loner's experience in the aquatic realm has consisted of more than 20 minutes in a bathtub, I'd be amazed. Hasn't anyone else out here got kids who spend far too much time on the Internet when they ought to be out socialiizing with their peers? Pull the plug and get a life young one. Thers' a great wide world out there. Embrace it. This board is for REAL divers.

Oh, of course I've looked at his profile...and anyone with basic math skills can figure out what an embellishment it is even if 1/4 true. Let him feel important to himself...if it makes him happy.

"Hasn't ANYONE looked at Thalassamania's profile without a guffaw reaction. "

He looks like a cute kid to me - probably a fun guy to have around. Some folks take everything soooo seriously.

Lighten up a little bcaderunr, please, before you give yourself a heart attack.

Patti

bcaderunr:
OK, reality check here. Hasn't ANYONE looked at Thalassamania's profile without a guffaw reaction. C'mon people, if this adolescent/shut-in/loner's experience in the aquatic realm has consisted of more than 20 minutes in a bathtub, I'd be amazed. Hasn't anyone else out here got kids who spend far too much time on the Internet when they ought to be out socialiizing with their peers? Pull the plug and get a life young one. Thers' a great wide world out there. Embrace it. This board is for REAL divers.

Oh envy that green-eyed devil, it is truly an ugly thing.

Reminds me (just a little) of my own reaction during a dinner with Alan Shepard. We were giving him a hard time about the money that went into the space program rather than undersea exploration. Alan turned to us and said, "I know what's going on here, on the last moon shot I got to go and none of you did."

There are folks here on the board who know me personally, which they occationaly mention, so please keep it coming, because amongst those who know and count, the joke's at your expense.

Thalassamania:
Oh envy that green-eyed devil, it is truly an ugly thing.

Envy. Right.

In here we are all equals. For all I know, you could be everything you say you are and more, or you could be a homeless person with a stolen laptop sitting under a bridge on the fringe of some coffee shop's wireless network. You could be an acne faced kid pounding away on his dad's computer, or you could be a tenured university professor. (Feesh, is that you?) I've got no way of knowing, and I care even less.

FYI (and of course I could be making all this up), I hold a couple of technical degrees myself, and where I work we are knee deep in PhD's. Credentials don't impress me that much, and neither does name-dropping. A condescending attitude, even less. A funny thing - the real heavyweights I know don't start slinging their creds around at the slightest sign of disagreement, and they don't talk down to people; it's the wannabes that do that sort of thing, in my experience. But like I say, I have no idea who or what you really are.

This has really blown up out of proportion. What it all boils down to is this: we cannot prove that there are not sea wasps around Cozumel. Heck, I can't prove that there aren't sea wasps in the creek behind my house. You think that there might be. OK, show me a documented sighting, otherwise we're arguing about nothing.

Peace,

Reminder: This is the Cozumel sub-board, so relax. Pour yourselves a margarita (or adult beverage of your choice, except you under-21 yr old members), and enjoy living vicariously through other folks' adventures while you're confined to terra firma. Discussions are great, disagreements are expected; but peeing matches are useless.

Respectfully submitted,

Emperor Lou

nyprrthd:
Reminder: This is the Cozumel sub-board, so relax. Pour yourselves a margarita (or adult beverage of your choice, except you under-21 yr old members), and enjoy living vicariously through other folks' adventures while you're confined to terra firma. Discussions are great, disagreements are expected; but peeing matches are useless.

Respectfully submitted,

Emperor Lou

Yeah, well, what's it to ya???? ;^)

Well said Lou and Gordon.

Thas, you may be very well all that you say, and good for you if all or only part of it is true. I think the problem lies in your condescending attitude towards other board members. It really is offensive and completely uncalled for. Credentials are nice, and of course you've worked hard for them...but they don't make you a better human being than anyone else. However, your demeaning comments to (about) others and your repeated implications that you are better and others are stupid only make you look like a bully.

ggunn:
Yeah, well, what's it to ya???? ;^)
Wow. Looks like someone needs a nitrogen fix! :D

Christi - kinda makes you want to go back to the middle of nowhere? You deal with the public on a daily basis, so you already know that it takes all types to make the world go around. Luckily, I don't have to listen to the blowhards, because the true beauty of the internet is that I can simply go on to the next post.

Sorry, gotta go, Dubya just stopped by to say hello...............

Christi:
Those would be sea lice/thimble jelly larvae.

Maybe that is what I got into on a night dive in March. We weren't very deep, maybe 45' and I saw wormy things and others in the water right before our ascent to the safety stop. While hovering at 15' with my light on, these buggers kind of swarmed around me...not actively swarming but they seemed to be everywhere. There were stings around my lips and on my hands....nothing that would leave a welt, more of an annoyance. I will say that I was glad to get my head above water because they were getting to be very annoying. Not sure what they were but given the choice I would rather not meet with them again ! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom