Jellys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was stung on the face by something "invisible" on a safety stop during my trip to Coz. I wear a skin although i have control of my bouyancy, just makes sense that there are things out of my control and i should protect myself if its available. plus, after 4 or 5 dives a day for multiple days, you tend to get a bit chilled by the night dive.

Thalassamania:
Ecology. Growing or occurring in many parts of the world; widely distributed.
I've been to (much|most|almost all) of Texas. Victoria is in Texas. Ipso facto I've been to Victoria. Except I haven't.

The comparison does not hold up. You are clearly just another rather ugly troll and since you lack the skill to play with the language, or come up with entertaining movie dialog, like your compadre expressed, you aren't even amusing and thus not worth the bother. Bye.

To get off topic (well, not really) I saw something in Coz. a few weeks ago that I haven't ran across before. It was about an inch or two around, about four or five inches long, transparent, and was shaped like a barrel (the wooden keg type but a little longer) and had flares on each end. Had something in the middle that the only way I can describe is like an arrow crab without the legs.

Anyone have any suggestions on what it may have been?

Thalassamania:
The comparison does not hold up. You are clearly just another rather ugly troll and since you lack the skill to play with the language, or come up with entertaining movie dialog, like your compadre expressed, you aren't even amusing and thus not worth the bother. Bye.

The comparison does indeed hold up. It's a perfect example of the flaw in your logic. And the only troll here is the one trying to invent sea wasps in Cozumel.

James

Thalassamania

I don't know what type of stings the thimble jellies have - but these stings looked distinct, raised, roundish, quite painful apparently.

Patti

I'm not an expert, nor do I even know what kind of jelly it was, but we saw this one in February. I couldn't get the photo to load, so I made it my avatar.

We only ran into small jellies in June when we went on a night dive. Annoying, but not that big a deal.

The thimble jelly stings I had were more like a rash. With distinct pimple like stings I'd suspect a jelly of some kind. If the sings were really bad, then there are really only two bad actors, Man-of-war and Box Jelly, though personal sensitivity can often come into plan and "inflate" the severity of what might otherwise be a mild sting from a usually innocuous species.

plife:
Thalassamania

I don't know what type of stings the thimble jellies have - but these stings looked distinct, raised, roundish, quite painful apparently.

Patti

Those would be sea lice/thimble jelly larvae. Again, some people are much more sensitive to them than others. They have never affected me in Cozumel, but I just returned from Cocos and have numerous red bite like bumps on my back, midriff area, arms and hiny...all through the wetsuit. Actualy, several of the women on the trip were affected. Hmm...maybe they were box jelly stings too and maybe I am going to die now.

OK, reality check here. Hasn't ANYONE looked at Thalassamania's profile without a guffaw reaction. C'mon people, if this adolescent/shut-in/loner's experience in the aquatic realm has consisted of more than 20 minutes in a bathtub, I'd be amazed. Hasn't anyone else out here got kids who spend far too much time on the Internet when they ought to be out socialiizing with their peers? Pull the plug and get a life young one. Thers' a great wide world out there. Embrace it. This board is for REAL divers.

Back
Top Bottom