Jellyfish reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks! I'll bring the .5mm and pick up a some 1mm hoods when we get there......jellies still thick in the keys? Wasn't really planning on driving down there but if I see some fantastic dive reports plans could change.

lycra works for me(as of saturday), having said that, wearing a .5-1mm suit would probably be more suitable, so to speak. and don't forget a hood(lycra or 1mm ),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Went out to the Sheridan Wreck in the Gulf last weekend and we swam through hundreds if not thousands of small jellyfish. Since I this was only my second saltwater dive I was a bit apprehensive about swimming through these things. Fortunately I had a full wetsuit on and only managed to get stung a couple times on the hand. Didn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought they would.

Went night diving last night in Pompano, and again, scattered moon jellies. No big deal, and not like previous weeks.

Last Saturday shore diving off sunrise blvd beach walls of jelly . Even at 20 ft at the sand .what a mess .
if u doing a beach dive recommend to bring a snorkel with u

Man, what is the deal with these jellyfish? I was really hoping to get back down to the keys so the kids could do some snorkeling and I could dive. I guess that's still out!! Thanks for the replies everyone.

very few moon jellyfish on a double @ deep molasses(55-85FT) this am(zero seen below 5-10FT). however, we did observe large numbers on the patches inside the outer reef thru hawks channel on the ride back to the dock,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Did third reef off Deerfield today (Sanctuary reef and Abbey II reef) and saw many moon jellies, but they were spaced far enough apart that they weren't so hard to dodge. Only a problem on entry and safety stop. Make sure you look behind you before you roll in, that's for sure. None at depth. Ocean was flat as a pancake today. Beautiful!

None in Hollywood today (Yellow Brick Road) but they were bad at Blue Heron Bridge yesterday. Maybe just my imagination but it seems like their sting has gotten worse. I got zapped on the lip and wanted to cry like a baby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom