Jefferson Lake this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny, I lost a fishing pole that fits your description perfectly! :D

Neither Dan, nor myself were entertained by your long surface wait prior to the scooter drills, or any difficulties you ran into. We both understand thing don't always go as planned, but I'm glad you guys had a better second dive!

We did enjoy sitting in on the class, and learning more about scooters. If they weren't so damn expensive, I'd buy one!

For our part, we did only one dive, but I logged 42 minutes with a max depth of 31' on that dive. That was enough in the 52F water. One thing I noticed this time around was the MASSIVE amount of line in the 10~20foot range. If I had a good way to suggest to clean this up, I would, but there is so much line down there, I honestly don't know where to begin.

Dan and I both had fun. We saw a LOT of small fish in the shallows, but it sure would be nice to see something larger deeper. Vis was good, but not as good as I hoped when we initially arrived. I think 10'~15' was about as good as it got, and I've been there with 30'+ vis. Overall a nice way to spend a day. I did not realize this lake was so high. I did not have my GPS, but John says 10,600, and my computer said 11,000 for dive planning, so yes, it's high!

For those that have never done Jefferson, IMO it's one of the better lake dives in Colorado due to a rocky bottom. There is muck down there as well in places, but overall vis is generally better there than most CO lakes I've done. The altitude is such that a very conservative profile is best, and that is exactly what we do. I think the max depth anyone did was under 60'. The deepest spot in the lake is 160' near the damn, or so I've been told.

Back
Top Bottom