JAW's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
You know how everyone gets a little gun shy on a dive after seeing JAWS?

Flippin dispatcher got a good chuckle at my expense last night.

We get an intrusion alarm call at a lake house that is about 5 miles from the nearest pavement and almost 2 miles back into the woods. The problem is there is a locked gate.

So I ask dispatch to look at the sat pic and see how far in the house is from the locked gate. She comes back with “It looks like it is about a ¼ mile from the green gate”. Ok, that’s doable.

My back up unit is still 20+ miles away so I go for a stroll through the woods to at least get a view of the place until he arrives.

I get there and ask for a description of the residence and oops, wrong place. The one I need is still another 1.5 miles away. That’s fine because it was around 30 degrees, clear with a light breeze, a ¾ moon and howling coyotes in every direction. Just one of those story tail nights to go for a stroll but not who I was going to go on it with.

So I start back for the car. While I’m strolling through the woods the dispatcher, who I will get even with later, calls me. I answer. She says a closer look at the pic shows a big bear about 10 yards from you headed in your direction. Can you hear him yet?

The hair stands up on my neck and I look. AHHHHHHhhhhhhhh. The flippin sat pic is months old, but she got me.

Anyway, we finally make it to this place and check it out. Turns out some cute raccoons were doing their own inspection of the property and set off the alarms.

So go watch JAW’s or one of the others and think of me. Revenge is so sweet.

The area is soo cool at this house. There is an old homestead I never knew about just above a sheer cliff above the lake. Treasure time. We are going diving there very soon to see what mught be sitting on the bottom.

Gary D.

Funny, now how are you going to pay her back? :)

JustAddWater:
GaryD,
You're talking about the movie, right?
JAW

good story
Yea, the movie. At first I thought it was going to be the POOH movie :D

Gary D.

If you cant have fun at work you shouold be in a different job :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom