Japanese open water test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craborn

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have a favor to ask. I am teaching open water scuba at a small college in South Arkansas. I have a great student in my class that speaks English but he is from Japan. He can read some English but I can tell it is giving him a problem. I would love to surprise him with an open water final test in Japanese. If someone has one in a PDF file, could I please have a copy to use. I would really appreciate it and I know he would. My email is arklatexscuba@yahoo.com Thanks a lot ,, CLay

Hi, the test is copyrighted so can not send over a pdf. If you can not order a Japanese version from PADI USA (you can order almost any language from PADI Japan) I will send you a paper version.

Hello everyone. I have a favor to ask. I am teaching open water scuba at a small college in South Arkansas. I have a great student in my class that speaks English but he is from Japan. He can read some English but I can tell it is giving him a problem. I would love to surprise him with an open water final test in Japanese. If someone has one in a PDF file, could I please have a copy to use. I would really appreciate it and I know he would. My email is arklatexscuba@yahoo.com Thanks a lot ,, CLay

CLay, I really respect your good will towards your Japanese student.
With this said, I am wondering whether your thoughtfulness might be a spoil to him.

After all, for what I remember, grammar and wordings of the PADI OW final test aren't all that difficult. If your student can speak English, the only two problems I imagine he'll have to combat are 1)technical terminology and 2)imperial units. Both are things your student should and needs to get used to if he is going to dive in the US.
I know I'm not helping here, but it is for your students good.

I hope things work out for you and your student.

ps. Don't forget the Japanese exam sheet will be in metric units only :)
(sorry if I'm wrong here)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom