Japanese open fire on Sea Shepherd crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Traditional" methods cause many times the suffering as modern ones. If the culture is simply to have something as part of your diet why is "traditional" better? Does the meal taste better?

It's not a religious ceremony.

my point exactly (previous post)... which was ignored...

I guess he could try but then he might not be able to sit on his butt for a while, right? :wink:

As you probably know, that was a real problem here for a while. Hunters were being harrassed and worse by anti-hunters. Legislation was passed to protecting hunters and is enforced .

Should someone exercise such poor judgement as to follow me into the woods with the intention of interfering, I would make every effort to avoid a direct confrontation and let the police and the courts deal with them. Of course, if I perceive any immediate danger, I'll do what I must.

Reefraff,
My mother is very proud of me - thank you for bringing her into it.
Until now I have only been a SS supporter, but have reconsidered my position
and have decided to become a member. Again, mom is proud, and so am I.
:mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner

That's a shame. :shakehead:

anti-peta-billboard.jpg

Did anyone remember that today, 15 March, is
International Eat an Animal for PETA Day?
Toss yourself a nice Caesar salad and grill a steak.
Preferably not whale, however. :D

PETA is very off-topic, reefraff. If you have anything intelligent to contribute, perhaps it'd be better to post that instead of your usual spam.

Killing whales to killing humans isn't a big leap. This incident is proof.

Oh come on! That just is silly. These people aren't anything more than terrorists! You cannot shoot anything at a military vessel underway for any reason. These people get everything they have coming to them!

I have said it before, and will continue my mantra. Every life is sacred, but mine is #1. I would never endanger myself in a situation against a military force with clear SOP's regarding an attack. Shoot at a USCG vessel and see how many holes you have! The Japanese have done nothing wrong. These terrorists should be at legislative meetings, not on the sea. You cannot tell a foot soldier to step away from his orders, you need to go to the one giving the orders.

Be sensible. Things will never get better for the animals you want to protect until YOU act like a reasonable person. Shoot at me, your dead. Reason with me I will be reasonable with you. I know I speak for anyone who thinks logically. Fight the battle where you have a chance of winning! On the sea just makes you look like you are trying to make it to the news!

Oh come on! That just is silly. These people aren't anything more than terrorists! You cannot shoot anything at a military vessel underway for any reason. These people get everything they have coming to them!

I have said it before, and will continue my mantra. Every life is sacred, but mine is #1. I would never endanger myself in a situation against a military force with clear SOP's regarding an attack. Shoot at a USCG vessel and see how many holes you have! The Japanese have done nothing wrong. These terrorists should be at legislative meetings, not on the sea. You cannot tell a foot soldier to step away from his orders, you need to go to the one giving the orders.

Be sensible. Things will never get better for the animals you want to protect until YOU act like a reasonable person. Shoot at me, your dead. Reason with me I will be reasonable with you. I know I speak for anyone who thinks logically. Fight the battle where you have a chance of winning! On the sea just makes you look like you are trying to make it to the news!

When did the Sea Shepherds ever shoot at a military vessel?

Great to see a Sea Shepherd ship have been seized and the captain & first officer arrested

- Google News

A Canadian minister, Loyola Hearn has gone on record as saying

"They are "a bunch of money-sucking manipulators, and their sole aim is to try to suck as much money out of the pockets of people who really don't know what's going on."

:yelclap: for Loyola, that is exactly my view so fair play for standing up and saying it.

Back
Top Bottom