January Meet, Greet & Invade Point Lobos? :)

What day could you make it?

• Sunday, January 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

Looks like I might be doing the night dive after all. I called my dive buddy and since he cannot come with me because he has an exam in Alameda for the Sheriff's department, he got really sparked up about the night dive.

His exam is at 3pm and after he takes it he will try to rush down to Monterey to catch the night dive with me. He's been wanting to do the night dive for some time now and this is a great opportunity.

He asked who you all are, and my reply was the scubaboard Norcal divers. I let him know that I've never met anyone on this board but they seem very friendly and knowledgeable. So I hope he makes it out for the night dive.

Too bad he will miss the first two dives they seem great. I have my two lights already for my night dive and was wondering what kind of tank light I should get. I went in to my LFS and they told me make sure you do not get the flashing ones, why?

Anyway I guess I'll get the constant light and attach it to my tank and call it the night.

2 days and counting....

MG

I've only done 1 night dive a few years ago and at that time, we used chemical glow sticks on our tank for the night dive; they're cheap and pretty easy to get. I prefer green since they're easier to see and I tie 2-3 sticks on my tank. I think as long is you have a light that just glows and doesn't project, then it can be used.

I'm guessing a flashing light could be mistaken for a distress signal and you don't want that kind of confusion. It can be annoying for some people to have a flashing light when they're trying follow you.

One chem light for your tank should be fine. I use a zip tie to attach. Do you have a primary dive light and a back up?

Looks like I might be doing the night dive after all.
MG

That's great! I'm looking forward to meeting you Mike. See ya tomorrow. :D

:boings: :boings: Okay, I am super-excited about this. :boings: :boings:​

I am going to try to remember to bring our little BBQ (inspired by Wayne_L [another SBer] and his wife, Kelly) along with some hotdogs and buns. If anyone else wants to bring any food to share during the SI, that'd be nice. As well, anyone bringing music?​
:dance::dance_2: (<--actual images of Jim_Ernst and Pro_Diver)​

:auto: :auto: Directions Anyone? :auto: :auto:
I assume that everyone knows where the Breakwater is, but for those of you who need directions to Buzzards, it is located at 2030 Fremont St, Monterey, CA 93940. Directions from the BW are as follows (from Google Maps, so don't shoot the messenger if they are wrong :) ):
  • Right out of the Breakwater parking lot
  • LEFT onto Reeside Avenue
  • LEFT onto Lighthouse (0.80)
  • LEFT onto Del Monte (0.50)
  • RIGHT onto Camino Aguajito (0.40)
  • MERGE LEFT onto US-1 North (0.60)
  • EXIT North Fremont Street. Is it just there as you come off the highway, I believe on the right side of the road.
:snorkel: SEE YOU ALL THERE!! :snorkel:

One chem light for your tank should be fine. I use a zip tie to attach. Do you have a primary dive light and a back up?

I have a primary Princeton TEC LED Mini at 150 lumens and a backup Princeton LED at 47 lumens.

I just didn't know what type of tank light to purchase. I saw the glowsticks but just rather get a small non blinking tank light. I saw a really nice one that has gotten good reviews by many divers.

I'll look for that one at the LDS today when I fill my tanks...

MG

What?

You all use lights and glowy thingys??:confused:

I just use my Aquaman powers while underwater! :D

2201489825_2eddeb9d1b_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom