Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awww ducky! Thanks for keeping us up to date here! BTW - HA! The best laid plans of mice and men.... without an I-net connection (neighbor didn't pay her bill, thus the free bandwidth was MIA) guess who didnt have yer number! Mmm... to be put in the phone now :D

Go Jameson go!

Hey - guess what? You didn't get to put on that 3rd trimester weight?! hmmmm

I'm so glad to hear he's progressing so well! HUGS to you both!
Ber :lilbunny:

That's great news, Baby Duck. I've know first-hand of a couple of premie stories, all with happy endings, thank goodness. But through those experiences, I've seen the stress and anxiety you're dealing with, so I'm thrilled to hear you're getting good news.

Keep growing and thriving, little Jameson!

guys, jameson had a setback monday. he started kinda subtly with a bit of fever, then his tummy got swollen and painful, and he had blood in his stool. they stopped his feedings, went back to iv nutrition, and started antibiotics. it got worse as the day went on. they called me about 1130, so i knew something was up, but they didn't know if it was really anything or just a false alarm. but when i got there about 1700, he was laying there crying - no noise, because of the tube, but that's what he was doing.

it was horrible. we were both sitting there crying. BUT, because of their prompt actions, by 1900 he had turned the corner and was starting to look better - not crying, no fever, slightly less swollen tummy, looking around a bit.

he has necrotizing enterocolitis. it can be very serious, but it's one of those things that comes along quickly then gets better *or* worse very quickly, and his got better, thank god. mama came, and we spent the night at the hospital monday night, and most of the day there tuesday, and by tuesday night when i left, his tummy was measuring what it had before he got sick, he didn't cry anymore when it was touched, no fever, and the best ventilator settings he's ever been on - for whatever reason, once he started coming down on his settings monday night after his crisis, he has needed much less oxygen and much lower pressures to open his lungs. the treatment is what they are already doing - resting his tummy from feedings, and iv antibiotics. that will be for at least a week.

i talked to a friend from high school yesterday, and she said 'dammit, that doctor said at christmas that this was gonna get boring! i want my boring!' i guess jameson wanted to make sure we knew who was boss. i definitely got the message!

i'm just so very thankful that he seems ok now. if anyone slacked up on prayers, good vibes, or voodoo incantations, get back to work.

Marci glad things are looking better, you know where to find me if you need anything.

Good vibes being sent...and a package too! :wink:

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear he had a setback. I've been crossing my fingers every time I check this thread and have been kind of amazed he didn't have any NEC problems -- as premature as he was, it was pretty likely he would. Glad to hear that they seem to have it stopped. I'll hold a good thought for you over the next few days, for sure.

Marci,

We are so glad to hear that Jameson is doing better. You are correct, he just wanted his mommy with him. Obviously he is one tough dude and a real fighter. Please keep us posted on how both of you are doing. Please know that our prayers continue for both of you.

Yellow Angel Fish and The Kraken

Yellow Angel Fish:
Marci,

We are so glad to hear that Jameson is doing better. You are correct, he just wanted his mommy with him. Obviously he is one tough dude and a real fighter. Please keep us posted on how both of you are doing. Please know that our prayers continue for both of you.

Yellow Angel Fish and The Kraken

If you have ever met his momma, you would see he comes by it naturally!

I guess if he can't wake you up for 3am feedings he's got to do something to make sure you have the proper amount of "mommy stress" in your life. Glad to hear he's improved and I hope and pray he continues to do so. Hugs to you both!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom