Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news Marci

y'all, i just read the whole thread - first time i've done that. i've been crying like a baby myself. wow, it's hard to remember all that again.

but i want to say again & again - thank you. thank you all, those who have posted frequently, those who popped in once or twice, those who pm'ed me, those who just read and sent out good thoughts quietly without posting. everyone. thank you. you have been a huge help, whether you know & believe it or not.

BabyDuck:
my arm went to sleep today when i was holding him, BECAUSE HE'S SO HEAVY! did you ever think i'd get to say that??

YAY!:fruit:

Can't wait to hear you complaining that he's crawling around and getting into everything :babycrawl
Ber :lilbunny:

Ahh Marci....When good things happen to good people, it makes the rest of us feel good....

BabyDuck:
wow, it's hard to remember all that again.

Doing so much better now - you can really see it when you look back.

I am really happy for the two of you Marci. You two have come a long way. :hugs:

BabyDuck:
he's doing great off the ventilator! yep, he's been wearing clothes for a while now - i have far too many, of course. he has a fish theme...so lots of his clothes have fish on them! :wink:

but he does have an infection. he's on antibiotics again. no more fever so far, and he's not acting sick, so i hope it's being nipped in the bud. he's developed a fistula between his bowel & bladder, which is evidently quite common after such long-standing bowel inflammation. it might heal on its own, or it might have to be fixed when they fix his ileostomy. i'm not really all that worried about it. it's annoying that something new is going wrong, but even though it has the potential to be a serious problem, it isn't so far, so i'm gonna focus on the positives...they're so much bigger, anyway!

i held him today while he was fussy. i think he was just trying out his new voice - he's never been able to talk before. i told him over & over that i would try to fix anything that was wrong & if i couldn't fix it, i could hold him while he cried because he wasn't alone. he's so very sweet.

I am just catching back up and as I am sure The K knew they would, my eyes filled with tears. I am so very happy for both you and Jameson. He has such a special mom. I can't wait to meet both of you.

Love, prayers, and good wishes continue from us.

not much of an update 'cause he's doing so well!

he's not on the fentanyl continuously anymore. he's getting the same dose as he's been on the last few days, but every 2 hours. then they'll start extending the time, working on getting him off it.

he's on 16ml/hr of milk & doing fine with that. only 2 more & he'll be off iv nutrition! yay! then they'll start working that from continuous to every 3 hours, slowly, by putting the same amount over 2 hrs with an hr break, then over 1 1/2 hours, then over 1 hr, etc. soon it will be time to teach him how to suck, swallow, & breathe all at the same time!

the infection doesn't seem to have a hold on him. he's not acting sick at all.

my mama held him yesterday for the first time.

he has lovely brown eyes & a cupid bow mouth & elbow dimples.

Back
Top Bottom