Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sorry, pete, but the ncdivers have picked 'peanut' for him. actually, it was picked in july after my last diving weekend, when i was preggers & didn't know it & dove peacock, little river, and madison. they wanted me to name 'her' madison & 'him' nicholas (after the nicholson tunnel), but i wouldn't, so he got nicknamed peanut after the peanut line in peacock 1. now it really fits!

though he did look like a froggie today - first time lying on his tummy! it was so cute. and i finally got a pic with his eyes open. he had another big poop and lost some weight, though - now 2lb 0.9oz, down from 2lb 4oz yesterday. he's tolerating his feeds really well, possibly coming off the oscillating vent tomorrow, not on any medications except a bit of sedation. so small but healthy so far, except for preemie lungs.

today, 2lb 2oz. he was fidgeting around this morning and extubated himself, so he got reintubated and put back on the regular vent. that part was planned, he just picked the timing! his blood gases are looking good with the change.

his iv fat got turned off, since he's getting enough milk now - 9cc every 3 hours. he's digesting it just fine. they go up on that by a cc or so every 12 hours, so i hope he can keep up! i should get to hold him tomorrow - yay!!

tonight he seemed to be looking at me, and he was gripping my finger with his teeny hand. he's got me right where he wants me. :wink:

Hey Marci, glad things are moving along well as planned

Cool Beans Marci! Congrats to Jameson! And you! Keep us updated!

My daughter did that right after she was born, grabbed my pinky and looked me right in the eyes. Melted my heart, still does to this day (now 17).

May God bless your new family. Congradulations.

Marci,

I can't figure out how I missed this thread. Congratulations and know my prayers are with you and the young'n. He's so cute. That will change at around 12 or 13yrs. Just kidding, but they are different in their teens. You can now look forward to a lifetime of joy, exasperation, and more joy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom