Jacksonville law about air fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WheelsUSN

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
While researching another ordinance I found the following law:

Chapter 176 - COMPRESSED AIR FOR BREATHING

Sec. 176.101. - Definition.

As used in this chapter, compressed air means compressed air filled into self-contained, pressurized tanks or containers used, or intended or represented for use, for underwater breathing purposes by human beings.

(Ord. 71-397-181; Ord. 83-591-400, § 1)
Note—Former § 512.101.

Sec. 176.102. - Permit required.

No person shall sell, offer for sale or otherwise distribute or engage in the business of selling or distributing compressed air without a permit issued by the Public Health Unit.

Note—Former § 512.102.

Sec. 176.103. - Air purity standards.

No person shall offer for sale, sell or otherwise distribute compressed air if it contains:

(a)
Carbon monoxide in excess of ten parts per million;
(b)
Carbon dioxide in excess of one thousand parts per million;
(c)
Water vapor in excess of saturation;
(d)
Oil vapor or other oil contamination in any amount;
(e)
Other contaminants deleterious to health; or
(f)
Any odors.
Note—Former § 512.103.

Sec. 176.104. - Sampling and testing.

Compliance with required standards of the preceding section shall be determined by sampling and testing by the Public Health Unit. To facilitate sampling and testing, a serrated-tip air-sampling cock shall be provided on the compressed air storage tank at or near the filling point. In addition, each permittee under this chapter shall periodically cause its compressed air to be tested in an approved laboratory at intervals not exceeding three months and shall retain and make available for inspection by the Public Health Unit records of the results of such tests for a period of three years.

Note—Former § 512.104.

Sec. 176.105. - Labeling.

Each tank of compressed air shall have securely attached to it a label bearing:

(a)
A certification by the seller or distributor which clearly, legibly and conspicuously states that the contents comply with this chapter.
(b)
The name and address of the seller or distributor.
(c)
The date the tank was last filled.
Note—Former § 512.105.p

I have never picked my tanks up from a shop and had them labeled as this ordinance requires and was just wondering if anyone else had.

I guess the State law wasn't good enough. I'd love to know if the City of Jacksonville complies.... I wonder if the Navy does too....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom