Jacksonville, fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jelo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Going to be visiting Jacksonville in the beginning of April was wondering if there are any good dive spots near there and if anyone wouldn't mind joining me for a few dives out there. =)

I'm from that area. Diving is further off shore 12-28 miles off shore & deeper, 65+ feet deep. There are some nice dives there, lots a spear fishing because the density of fish is enough to block the light.
Check with some of the local shops for available charters (its been 10 yrs since I was part of an op in that area). I think Dive Source in St. Augustine & Atlantic Pro Dive are running dive boats. Dive sorts include reef balls, barges, some wrecks, & the A6 planes ( pretty far off shore).

More predictable is cave country for some beautiful springs & caverns. Blue Grotto, Devils Den, Ginnie Springs, Akexander Springs, or Rainbow River.
It's worth the drive over to Crystal River area to see manatees while the water is still chilly.

So many options...so few days. Have fun!

Nice. I spent most of my time diving out in Okinawa which was amazing and now I'm up diving in the good old PNW. going to visit my soon to be wife down in Fl so that's why I'll be down in the area and she isn't too keen on where all the dive spots are out there. Thank you. I'll look into doing some boat dives while I'm out there I'd love to find an old A6 out there.

---------- Post added March 12th, 2015 at 10:47 AM ----------

Thank you.

Lots of old A6s out there.25 miles out of St Augustine are 50 of them in 2 piles.

I grew up around Jax Beach in the early 1950s. No SCUBA back then, but I do remember a LOT of sharks near shore

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom