J valve rod

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am with Akimbo, I never used a J rod, I took them off and tossed them. I would activate the lever by reaching back.

N

In the past, when I was young and nimble, I could do it that way, too. Now, with my shoulders the way they are, I can't reach the reserve knob. If I'm going to utilize the J valve, I need a pull rod. I would like to have a professionally made one, but it looks like I may have to employ some old-fashioned redneck engineering and make one. Sigh.

I wonder if the anti-pull rod mentality is less prevelant where kelp doesn't exist?

That is quite possible. They were common around here back in the '60s.

Are you still seeking a pull rod? I have an assortment not doing much. Let me know if you want one. Drop me a PM.

Pete

I wonder if the anti-pull rod mentality is less prevelant where kelp doesn't exist?

There was never any issues with them in the Caribbean.

In 1973, I on my Bultaco Pursang 125 tangled up with my hs bf on his Honda Elsinore 125cc on the downhill jump on the third heat in Franklin, Georgia, state championship race. My left shoulder was torn back and resulted in an untimely end to my not so great college swimming. Then a few years later, in a criterion in Houston, the peloton went down in a mass of crunching bikes and bodies, took out the right shoulder. Numerous injuries of similar ilk along the way and my collision with pit bulls 2.5 years ago did not further help my shoulder much less my left femur, nonetheless, I think I can reach that J valve. But, in the day, the rods tangled on everything and seemed to favor the down position. I often flipped the lever over on the valves to help prevent that, and of course, no rod.

I will check with the local scuba guy, I may have seen a rod in the junk pile.

N

In 1973, I on my Bultaco Pursang 125 tangled up with my hs bf on his Honda Elsinore 125cc on the downhill jump on the third heat in Franklin, Georgia, state championship race. My left shoulder was torn back and resulted in an untimely end to my not so great college swimming. Then a few years later, in a criterion in Houston, the peloton went down in a mass of crunching bikes and bodies, took out the right shoulder. Numerous injuries of similar ilk along the way and my collision with pit bulls 2.5 years ago did not further help my shoulder much less my left femur, nonetheless, I think I can reach that J valve. But, in the day, the rods tangled on everything and seemed to favor the down position. I often flipped the lever over on the valves to help prevent that, and of course, no rod.

I will check with the local scuba guy, I may have seen a rod in the junk pile.

N

Thanks.

Paladin, I have two pull rods PM where you want one mailed too.

PM sent.

Just saw a set if 10 for sale on Ebay item # 330874952377... for $60. Check it out.

Chris Sanchez
US Army

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom