It's Veterans Day, tell me a little about your service.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just curious to hear and see how many veterans we have on Scubaboard.

Tell me a little about your service, like which branch and when.

I served in the U.S.Army from 1981 to 1983 as a 95B10 or otherwise known as Military Police.
I trained at Fort McClellan, Alabama and was then stationed with the 57th MP Co at USMA.

David Lopez 57th MP Co.jpg

Thank you for your service.

Well, Im not from the US and have not served in the US military, however I have served WITH it as I served in the AMF (L)..
AMF%20logo.png

Retired in the spring 2000

Staff Sergeant in the Army. Military Police. Currently an MP reclassification instructor.

I've been in the army since 2003. I'm part of the electrical mechanical engineering branch. Served in Afghanistan, being posted to the school in the spring and will be an instructor for the next few years

Joined the armoured corps in 1988, remustered to the engineers in 1999, served in Syria, Bosnia, Croatia, east Africa, and 3 tours in Afghanistan......retire in January.

I did 15 years as an Airframe Fitter in the RAF.
As well as my regular duty stations in the UK, I served in Cyprus, Kosovo, Northern Ireland, and was deployed to Saudi Arabia with 111(f) Sqn during the last Gulf War.

402637212_6de3cab9a2.jpg

1965 - 1971 ET1(SS) Nuc
Submarine Service

Aclu-v-ashcroft-redacted.jpg

And thats the whole story.

Bob
-----------------------------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.

USMC 1985-1989 / MOS Computers

US Navy 1990-2000
1990 to 1994 Engineman (Diesel Engine Mechanic)
1994 to 2000 Gas Turbine Technician

AF since June '05...currently work as an aviator in AFSOC. Best command and best job in the entire world!!

-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot/H2OBelow

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom