It's Veterans Day, tell me a little about your service.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Started out as a Missile Launch Officer in the Air Force, stationed at FE Warren in Cheyenne, WY. Spent my time there during Desert Storm.
Transferred to the Army for a scholarship and went to Medical School. Last assignment was as the Corps Surgeon to IIId Corps Artillery at Ft.Sill, OK.

---------- Post Merged at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:32 PM ----------

View attachment 140285

1965 - 1971 ET1(SS) Nuc
Submarine Service

View attachment 140286

And thats the whole story.

Bob
-----------------------------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.
Another crazy nuke guy!

---------- Post Merged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:32 PM ----------

1972-1993 usn
submarine service
chief sonarman
uss clamagore SS343 qualificationi boat DBF

NUC'S SERVED ON Skipjack ssn585 , Nautilus ssn 571 , Pintado ssn 672 , HG Richover ssn 709 (comissioned) , Guardfish ssn 612 Atlanta ssn 712

somewhere in there 7 yrs as training instructor/supervisor

DBF

STSCSS
Another fellow nuke!

Army Cav scout, 1999-2006. Mosul/ Tali-far Iraq 04/05

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Served in the United States Air Force from 1977 to 1997.

Ron

I never served myself, but would like to thank those among us who did... and especially those who are no longer with us for making the supreme sacrifice. I may agree with some of the situations our government involves us in and puts our military personnel in harm's way, but the person who answers the call and serves their country is to be honored.

1. U.S. Navy Seabees NMCB-4
2. Naval Technical Training Center NAS Pensacola
3. Civilian
4. U.S. Army 1/156 Armor
5. Civilian (Partially Disabled Vet)

1981 - 1990 U.S. ARMY
Combat Medic (91B-91A)
1st Cav Div
172 Inf Brig - Alaska
6th Inf Div - Arctic Light Inf
4th Inf Div
Medically Retired (Partial Disability - my body aches in the morning, but my spirit will never surrender)

2005 - 2012 DoD Civilian - Doing my part for the War on Terrorism
FOB-COB Speicher, Tikrit, Iraq (2x)
FOB Bernstsien, Tuz, Iraq
FOB Warrior, Kirkuk, Iraq (2x)
Camp Liberty, Baghdad, Iraq
FOB Warrior, BaQuba, Iraq
FOB Slayer, Baghdad, Iraq
Joint Base Balad, Balad Iraq
Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan
Camp Victory, Baghdad, Iraq
FOB Ramadi, An Bar Provinence
Joint Base Tallil, Southern Iraq
Al Asad Air Base, Eastern Iraq
Kuwait City, Kuwait

Best Experience - the Comradery & Espirit de Corp (if you never lived it you will never know it despite how many movies you watch)

Worse Experience - "We will let them rest with the Lord in a better world, but never forgotten by us in this one."

My God bless the young men and women of the Armed Forces who protect the freedoms of the individuals - All Countries.

Last edited:
USAF C-141 Crew Chief 1968-72

Back
Top Bottom