It's Uncle Pugs Birthday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pugster...Its been a peasure to read about your thoughts and advice.....
We'll throw a Happy Birthday at you from The Rocky Mountain Oyster crew, too!

Thanks to Cove 2 for never being just vanilla:

UP-and-gpo.jpg

Thanks to OE2X for being a model model:

Jock-and-SFS.jpg

Thanks to DoubleDip for the cake:

Bday-cake.jpg

And thats to my little buddy for keeping things interesting:

Junior.jpg

In your honor...
We'll be reviving this thread again in 2 years...:D

So we drop down the line into about 35' of water with the goal to look at a Giant Pacific Octopus - GPO at around 95'. Kick ---------- glide, kick ---------- glide, kick -------- glide. The pugster takes off like he is using a scooter. Me - well it's not my birthday and despite the truth, I'm way younger, in much better shape, better looking (it's my story and I get to tell it the way I want to:D)... So for me, it's more like kick-glide-breath, kick-glide-breath, kick-glide-breath, kick-glide-breath. Hufff, huffff, huffff, huffff... I swear in just a short distance I felt as if I might be getting close to my working SAC:D. Despite his age the old boy gets around!!! Finally we get to the Octo. Burried in the logs she is sitting on eggs. Lovely. Then we go looking for more. That's when we find the dieing male. In total we found four GPO's. Toward the end of the dive we are exploring the shallows and are in 20' of water. I feel this tugging on my fin. Hmmmm? It's not Pug as he is only slightly ahead of me. It's not a log or something else that I'm kicking, so I look between my legs and there is this little seal pup, just playing with me. He spent the next 20 minutes or so amusing himself/herself with Pug and I. A very cool experience....

Happy Birthday UP. Looks like you had another great time at Cove 2.

Uncle Pug, OE2X; what a fun day. Meet some new friends, got to dive with some of your buddies, and what a nice night dive it was; the visibility was excellent, the company superb every thing worked out quite well, except I was so cold...cant wait to go dry. Gee, I must be showing my age....Anyway, OE2X you were right about one thing; Camels do tear up at the sight of Chocolate Cake. Regards, Kirk Hamblen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom