It's Torture, I tell ya...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
This from someone who wears a dry suit...

LOL! I dove a 1/4" (about 6.5mm) wetsuit for almost 10 years and dove wet in the drysuit for 65 dives. There was a time when I was warmer in the wetsuit than the drysuit in 60 degree water. I still give up the drysuit every chance I get once the water is over 60 degrees :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

trucker girl:
One deep dive to 72 at Gilboa. That's all I'll ever do there. Ken is NUTS to go down to- what did you do... 117? in a wetsuit!

I tell people I only train crazy people, Ken was one of my AOW students :D

trucker girl:
I was so cold I didn't know who I was. Nitrogen Narcosis my patootey- Cold Narcosis!
I had to get dry gloves after a December dive at Natural Springs (in a threesome and wet gloves) where my hands got so cold I caught myself thinking, "You guys take care of each other, I don't care if you're DYING I'm not going to stop and help I'm getting OUT." When you realize you're willing to abandon the members of your threesome (one of whom is your husband) in favor of warming your hands it's REALLY easy to justify the expense of dry gloves :11:

"Cold Narcosis" -- I LIKE it! :D

Ber Rabbit:
I had to get dry gloves after a December dive at Natural Springs (in a threesome and wet gloves) where my hands got so cold I caught myself thinking, "You guys take care of each other, I don't care if you're DYING I'm not going to stop and help I'm getting OUT." When you realize you're willing to abandon the members of your threesome (one of whom is your husband) in favor of warming your hands it's REALLY easy to justify the expense of dry gloves :11:

OMG that's funny!
BTW I'm planning on diving with Ken on Saturday... any strange habits I should know about? Is he molting? Anything like that (if you're reading this, Ken, you know I'm joking!).

I figure if you went diving down to 117 with him and you're going to Tobermory with him he must be at least SOMEWHAT safe!

erparamedic on the other hand... oh- come on Jamie! You know I'm kidding. She was really a lot of fun to dive with and she keeps talking about that moving around thing- it only happened when she was on one spot on the platform and no where else- so we moved and it was fine! Plus- you SEE who won... twice... I think she was cheating. I can't proove it, but all that moving around made me dizzy...

When I was a University (early 1970s) my major professor was a woman who was about ten years my senior and very, shall we say ... well constructed. She had a very difficult time getting into her wetsuit, what with substantial hips, a tiny waist and large chest. Her solution was to hire two of us as her field assistants. One of our tasks was to "shake" her down into her suit.

So find yourself two twenty year olds that you can teach how to dress you in black rubber.<G>

trucker girl:
OMG that's funny!
BTW I'm planning on diving with Ken on Saturday... any strange habits I should know about? Is he molting? Anything like that (if you're reading this, Ken, you know I'm joking!).

I've dove a lot of places with Ken, you'll have a good time. Get him to tell you about the boat with the winch :D I'd trust him not only with my life but with the lives of my loved ones; he's a solid, dependable diver.

Fair warning, I think he has a heater hidden in that wetsuit :lol2:

Thalassamania:
Her solution was to hire two of us as her field assistants. One of our tasks was to "shake" her down into her suit.

LOL! I couldn't get my drysuit over my hips one day due to extra layers under heavy undies (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!). My two dive buddies snickered the whole time they were shaking me into that suit. :whack:

trucker girl:
erparamedic on the other hand... oh- come on Jamie! You know I'm kidding. She was really a lot of fun to dive with and she keeps talking about that moving around thing- it only happened when she was on one spot on the platform and no where else- so we moved and it was fine! Plus- you SEE who won... twice... I think she was cheating. I can't proove it, but all that moving around made me dizzy...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... excuses, excuses! LOL :wink: You see, TG will say anything to make it look like I cheated. SHE's the one that kept hovering directly above me to see my cards! LOL And she was moving around too... intentionally making me move to get back into the "one spot" as she calls it... Just so she could see my cards!! The current was all around the platform, but there was about 1/2 of it that was worse than the other half. LOL She deserved it! TG is evil... I tell ya, she's just plain evil!! LOL (Hahaha! TG, you know I'm playing! It was a ton of fun! I can't wait till Wednesday to play again. I think the armored car made a better playing surface though.

erparamedic:
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... excuses, excuses! LOL :wink: You see, TG will say anything to make it look like I cheated. SHE's the one that kept hovering directly above me to see my cards! LOL And she was moving around too... intentionally making me move to get back into the "one spot" as she calls it... Just so she could see my cards!! The current was all around the platform, but there was about 1/2 of it that was worse than the other half. LOL She deserved it! TG is evil... I tell ya, she's just plain evil!! LOL (Hahaha! TG, you know I'm playing! It was a ton of fun! I can't wait till Wednesday to play again. I think the armored car made a better playing surface though.

Great... so now I don't even CHEAT well! (I lost!)

Ber Rabbit:
I've dove a lot of places with Ken, you'll have a good time. Get him to tell you about the boat with the winch :D I'd trust him not only with my life but with the lives of my loved ones; he's a solid, dependable diver.

Fair warning, I think he has a heater hidden in that wetsuit :lol2:

Thanks for the warning...

And I'm asking about the boat with the winch, not the boat with the wench, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom