It's the same, right?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that there are plenty of places to dive around the world...especially where a naval vessel will be taking me.
This is independent of your drysuit question, but I have managed to sneak in dives on work trips at various places around the world. In Japan, I found the website of a group of westerners living in Tokyo and hooked up with them for a dive. I've done Spain and France, too, as well as places where it's more obvious for an American to find some diving like Australia. So hopefully you can find a buddy and a place to dive as you travel in your big grey dive boat!

I have a Xcel 5mm and a Hollis Neotek semidry and I love them both but if I had to do it over again I think I would just buy a dry suit. The fact is the dry suit doesn't keep you warm, it keeps you dry so if you buy a good dry suit as soon as the water gets too cold for a rashguard put on the dry suit. Or get something like a 4th element Thermocline that you can wear under the dry suit and by itself if the idea of wearing a dry suit in 70 degree water bothers you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom