It's Summer at Dragon's Teeth on Maui!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MauiScubaSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My BDB BeannieBrew and I went for the long walks necessary to make this dive. In between the long walks, we were rewarded with a beautiful 83 minute dive to a max depth of 63 feet; and she was using her "lost since before Pacific Dive closed" 72 cft. :shocked2:

I was making the first "real" photo dive with my new camera system; the one in my sig line. I have to say, I am spoiled by my familiarity with my old Olympus C5050z camera(s). I really doubt that I will completely forget that camera, even after getting all the way up to speed on this Canon S95. :shakehead:

Kind of funny how a P&S camera that was discontinued nearly a decade ago and is renowned for it's really long digital delay and really long raw write times can seem like a much faster camera to shoot with compared to one of the new must have P&S cameras for underwater photography. :idk:

Really seems like an $800 housing should have a "window" for the "beam assist" but instead I need to figure out a work around for having no beam assist. I suppose if I had not been using "clear" housings for the last decade I would not feel so out of sorts. :no:

So, even though the camera would not fire more than half the time I pulled the trigger, and took it's sweet time on the times it did fire, there are 31 keepers at my SmugMug gallery. :cool2:

Dragon's Teeth - halemano's Photos | SmugMug

Now I planned to include some of the new photo's in this OP, but the new version of ScubaBoard is not allowing me upload photo's to the Photo Gallery yet, and on my last post it was not allowing me to edit posts either, so as soon as those functions return I will at the very least post pics to this thread in subsequent posts to this thread. :kiss2:

Nice collection of shots with good color.

I know what you mean about the "discontinued camera" as there are things I miss about my old Olympus C4000Z which didn't have RAW capability.

nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom