Its snowing in New Jersey...AGAIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey:
my SO is does some DM for East Coast, I'll find out if he is going out. He likes doing student dive days.

Does your SO know when East Coast is planning to have an AOW class, I was hoping to take by May.

Wristshot:
MANIA = There is a TV commercial here that show a guy clearling about 20 centimeters of snow off his entire car, and then when he presses the button on his remote car alarm, the car in front of his beeps and flashes.
:D

It was snowing whole night again and is snowing now as well. Traffic in the morning was horrible (because of snow) and as it's rather freexing this bloody white thing is not melting.
Grrrrrrrr
Mania
Simon, wonna swap places???? I wonder how long will you survive without sun and heat and even humidity :wink:

njdiver95:
Besides, people around here can't drive in it and everything closes down anytime there is more that an inch of the stuff laying around.

You're cracking me up! Texas gal here- you want to see "can't drive in it"? Come spend a little time here when we get our 1-3 times yearly snowfalls/ice storms. My poor little 4th & 5th grade students come to school all excited if they see frost on the ground, they think it's snow. I've actually let my students out to go play for a few mins in the sleet, before, they just couldn't stand it. hehe.

No one has snow tires, chains, etc., and we sure don't know how to drive in it, so the whole state just shuts down for a few days. We love it, but didn't get our annual shutdown this year in the north. The only snow we had was a white Christmas all the way down to S.Padre Island, north Texas was unaffected except for one day. I can only imagine how those kids down in the valley probably went beserko when they woke up on Christmas morning to the first snows most had seen in their lives. It hadn't snowed in Corpus Christi and S. Padre in something like 130 years.

Foo - too funny - been there, seen that! Worked in Dallas once when they had sleet. Almost as good as LA in the rain or Atlanta with snow. This snow was the 3rd storm in a week, but pretty much a non-event except for the media hype. It's stopped, it's fairly warm & the roads have dried.

Tanked - I'll ask if he has seen an AOW course. Did you check their website? He mostly does boat stuff, likes to be out with students. Full time we are in SE Pa, Avalon is a summer gig & very convenient for diving.

NJDiver - you dive here because it's cold, it's dark, the fish are all brown & we get great eats! Nothing beats a fresh bug or tautog or flounder....

Mania & Simon - as much as these guys complain about our weather, this Jersey girl would not want to give up the accessability & 4 seasons we have. You can keep that Florida heat & humidity (not to mention much stronger hurricanes then we see).

i hate the snow soo much ...actually i really dont like anything under 23 degrees! its too bad that i live in toronto! we hav like 2.5 feet of snow on the ground and we prob wont see 23 degrees till june...i wanna go south!

jewelrox1:
i hate the snow soo much ...actually i really dont like anything under 23 degrees! its too bad that i live in toronto! we hav like 2.5 feet of snow on the ground and we prob wont see 23 degrees till june...i wanna go south!

geez...you'd probably call this place the tropics compared to toronto.

Nobody hate the snow worse than my dog (a.k.a. the schnauzer). If there's more than a couple of inches of it on the ground she refuses to leave the deck. Consequently, the deck looks like.... well, you can imagine. At least it's a lot easier to clean up when it's below freezing.

Back
Top Bottom