Its snowing in New Jersey...AGAIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baltimoron:
My hands were without feeling for a half an hour; I was getting worried. But then the bus came and the got REALLY itchy.
That would be the blood flowing again to your skin through the capillaries that were sacrificed to keep the blood deeper in you to keep your core warm :wink: Its not fun when that happens, but what would you rather, a bit of a chill or to fry every day??? One day i will swap this tropical paradise for more temperate climes - oh to have seasons again!

Having to take the bus everywhere, I would take sizzling ANY day of the week. I would choose sizzling in my SLEEP. If you put me on ecstasy, heroin, and hash, I would still find some way to communicate that I would rather be in hot weather than cold weather. There is NOTHING worse than standing out in the cold waiting for your bus.

I've spent most of my life where it was 85 year round, and during the summer it got up to 108, so I don't mind the hot weather at all. Now the real challenge for me is the Baltimore humidity. In Israel, there was none. The "yewmidity" makes things a bit less comfortable, but still. Hot over cold ANY day.

baltimoron:
I've spent most of my life where it was 85 year round, and during the summer it got up to 108, so I don't mind the hot weather at all. Now the real challenge for me is the Baltimore humidity. In Israel, there was none. The "yewmidity" makes things a bit less comfortable, but still. Hot over cold ANY day.
I'll show you humidity, when you instantly have a sweat on the inside of your clothes (and the outside too from the air) the second you open a door or window :wink: We are told to stop working when on site when humidity reaches 90%, which happens quite early in the day :wink:

NJDiver - I agree, I'm tired of this winter! Just not right to be shoveling snow off the deck at the beach. Did you happen to notice the news this morn, hours before the snow started they already had closures, delays & early dismissal. The roads were pretty empty for a Monday morning, guess many decided to bag it & stay home. That said, I'm leaving work early, going home to light a fire & sip hot chocolate. Let me know when your check out dives are scheduled - my SO is does some DM for East Coast, I'll find out if he is going out. He likes doing student dive days.

I can't complain. Burlington County College just called. I had an OW pool session to teach tonight. Not anymore. LET IT SNOW!!!

Much of the Pacific Northwest (well at least the ski areas) would kill for the snow that you are complaining about. The resorts up there are dying without enough snow. Meanwhile Tahoe has been getting record dumps of snow. Some sort of alteration of the jet stream or something (clearly not a meterologist).

As for me, I am happy because I have had some great days of skiing in Tahoe! 15 days so far this season. (limited by injuries)

Plus all that snow means great Whitewater Rafting in the Spring and Summer!

W

PS: MANIA = There is a TV commercial here that show a guy clearling about 20 centimeters of snow off his entire car, and then when he presses the button on his remote car alarm, the car in front of his beeps and flashes.

aarrghh...this is just plain UGLY...rain, sleet, snow, slush...and a warm tropical climate is only a mere 2 hours plane ride away...its too much to take...I HATE WINTER!!!

thanks Jersey...i'll let you know...the Mrs. and I are chomping at the bit to finish the cert dives so unless cabin fever sets in and we jet off to Florida we'll probably wait to do them up here...
in april...
in a 7 mil suit...
in the cold North Atlantic...
...someone remind me why I'm here again...

baltimoron:
But now the conference is over, and I am at home watching stupid Baltimoron drivers crash all over the place. Let it snow!

Better than Israeli drivers crashing "stam"!

Thank God it stoped snowing, now its just freezing out with all that wind. I'm hoping that it warms up soon, so I don't freeze in my 7mil.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom