It's Quiet in Here Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoredivr:
If I was on the left coast, I'd consider joining you in August.

Absolutely. Trying to put a ladies day out here for next week and it is like pulling teeth.

And talking to the guys about doubles is frustrating. They are always pushing for the little bit bigger or suggesting double 45's.

A good tricks and tips dive with some good company and a little something to see...... you ladies are very lucky. Enjoy your day

Pushing past the equipment issues ...... Any good diving lately?

I dive in NJ and our visibility is just opening up (has been a horror lately) AND we have had a few sightings of wolf eels. (along with a carcass of one)

These are not regular denizens for our area.(kind of out of place actually) I am hoping to catch sight of one this weekend. I hear they are scary looking but harmless. Anyone have any experiences with them?

We have lots of wolf eels around Seattle. They're not actually eels -- They are a fish. And they are not aggressive at all, unless they've been extensively hand fed, and then they're kind of a nuisance (we have one site where people have been feeding them, and they come out and swim around you and nudge you, demanding treats.) They're so homely, they're cute. And they pair up -- I can't remember if it's for life, but it's long-term, so you often find two in a hole together.

Our viz has ranged between depressing and horrid. It's been so warm here, the algae has taken off like crazy. Sometimes you can get below it, but not so much recently. I need to get out of the mid-Sound and up to the San Juans, where the current can blow out some of the gunk!

Lynne, Admiralty Inlet and the straits have been very decent with 30' being the norm lately. If you have wednesday evenings available sometime come up and do a Wet Wednesday with us. Low key fun dives around Pt. Townsend are usually what we do like swimming under the marine science center, the mooring buoys at the Fort, the North Beach drift to Wilson, and of course all along the town waterfront.

No wolf eels today, but did have ocean pout. They do have more than their share of ugly.

Creatures that are so ugly that they are cute are my favourites. Wolf eels, lingcod, frog fish etc.

I've been out of water for so long now that I'm feeling like I'll never get back in. Happy diving all.

So, Kwissie, what's keeping you out? Hopefully nothing dire!

I actually came home today to the utterly splendid news that my favorite dive buddy is taking the day off on Tuesday, to join me and a visiting diver in doing one of our best local sites (very current sensitive, and therefore often not possible). Great site, great buddy, and the weather should be lovely . . . How could things be better?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom