It's been a long 2 years...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

driftin' by

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
but I'm back! Just booked our trip for 11/12 - 11/20 staying at Allegro (anxious) and diving with Blue Angel (as always). Not to brag but that is an 8 night-er as opposed to the standard 7. Funny thing was it was only $2.90 more to add the extra night on AAVacations and who doesn't every want an extra night/day in Coz!

We were on a good roll there for awhile making our pilgrimage to Coz biannually until we decided our daughter might have more fun at Disney World. Well we got bit by the bug and have been spending almost all or vacation time and budget there or in the mountains snowboarding since moving to Colorado. So it's time to dust off the passports (which expired during that time), dust off the camera gear, get our regs overhauled and get ready for some diving!

Back in 05, we stayed at Allegro with mixed reviews... Mainly the clientale sucked and the food wasn't great but the beach was second to none which will be a huge plus for our 5 year old daughter. We've also noticed the addition of a water park thing. We were very loyal and loved staying at Fiesta Americana but since it appears management has changed, fired a lot of good people including our babysitter who had become like family over all or visits. And now that it's only an AI resort it appears their prices have risen accordingly. Obviously, we're not picky when it comes to accommodations while diving and as long as I can load up on a hearty breakfast and a few after-dive, adult beverages while basking in the shade of a palapa, I'm a happy camper. Anyone have any recent input or info on Allegro?

Glad to see you're back to getting wet db!! You were one of my information references when we started booking FA a few years back. We were sad to see them go AI, although our last trip was booked before they announced the change over but our dates there were just after they made the actual switch so they gave us the AI for free. (That was a BIG bonus!!) We booked again for our trip this November as the rates had not gone up much at that point. Sorry to hear they've been letting a lot of the staff go. There were some really nice people that worked there. Apparently they're trying to sell the place, so I wonder how much they've gone downhill since our last trip. Guess we'll find out in November! For our March trip FA had jumped way up in price, so we booked Eva's condo (the owner of Blue Angel) in the Corpus Christi area. She has it out there for a really great rate and we're looking forward to checking it out. Not on the water, but at least it has a an ocean view and access to a small pool!

Hey Kat! It's a shame what's happening to FA but regardless, the diving is always great and can always makeup for any resort/hotel shortcomings. However, we don't know any details first-hand except what we hear through regular communications with our babysitter who was let go after 20+ years of loyal service. Besides their great location, the people was what really made it special and with them gone, it's easy(ier) to go elsewhere. I'm looking forward to your feedback when you get back.

BTW, I see we're going to have some overlap of our dates... How's that Scuba with Allison anyway?

we booked Eva's condo (the owner of Blue Angel) in the Corpus Christi area. She has it out there for a really great rate and we're looking forward to checking it out. Not on the water, but at least it has a an ocean view and access to a small pool!
Hey Diver Kat, give us a report on this when you can, it sounds and looks great from the photos.

Hey Kat! It's a shame what's happening to FA but regardless, the diving is always great and can always makeup for any resort/hotel shortcomings. However, we don't know any details first-hand except what we hear through regular communications with our babysitter who was let go after 20+ years of loyal service. Besides their great location, the people was what really made it special and with them gone, it's easy(ier) to go elsewhere. I'm looking forward to your feedback when you get back.

BTW, I see we're going to have some overlap of our dates... How's that Scuba with Allison anyway?
We're hoping FA hasn't gone too far downhill since our last trip. We were actually quite surprised that some of the dinners they did in the ocean-side restaurant were excellent. As for Alison, she is super!! Come this November, we'll have been diving with her for 7 years, and I love her to death. (And Carlos her boat captain!) Much as I liked diving with some of the ops before meeting her (and I do miss Blue Angel!) there's no way I'd go with anyone else as long as she's there. She knows me too well (and takes care of me too well!)

Hey Diver Kat, give us a report on this when you can, it sounds and looks great from the photos.
It won't be till March, but from what I here from the SBer that owns the place next to hers, hers is super nice!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom