It's a free country!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get tired of hearing that GM does not make efficient cars (more 30mpg and above models than anyone else) or cars that no one wants ... who do you think was driving the sale of SUV's??? ... the customers.

That's what I keep saying but they tell me that I get it from Rush Limbough. What do you see on the road? Trucks, SUV's and other big stuff. I have a little car and a truck but it's the truck that gets all the use.
... people don't want the kind of cars found in Europe , they don't sell until the gas goes over 4 dollars a gallon .. when it goes back down, people forget all about small and efficiant cars

That's why Obama wants gas to be $4/gallon or more. He wants to force us to drive the kind of cars that he wants us to drive. That's not bad enough but I need a truck to work out of. When he forces gas back up, I just won't be able to make any money...while he takes a whole fleet of airplanes to New york for dinner and a show!

That's why Obama wants gas to be $4/gallon or more.

yeah, so it wrecks any chance of any economic recovery happening any time soon, and so his stimulus packages will fail, and so the Dems will be voted out of office next election cycle and he'll face a Republican-dominated Congress

sounds like a plan to me

heck, he probably wants it at $6 per gallon, that's how self-destructive he is

yeah, so it wrecks any chance of any economic recovery happening any time soon, and so his stimulus packages will fail, and so the Dems will be voted out of office next election cycle and he'll face a Republican-dominated Congress

sounds like a plan to me

heck, he probably wants it at $6 per gallon, that's how self-destructive he is

You're pretty good at sarcasm but my statement is based on what he has said...along with Polosi and a bunch of others. They make no bones about the fact that alternative fuels and expensive hybred vehicles aren't going to be attractive unless the cost of current fuels is higher and they want it higher.

What do you think this so-called "energy bill" (energy tax) is going to do to the cost of EVERYTHING? What do you think that will do to the economy? It's not about fixing the economy. It's about "fixing" our behavior at any cost.

Get voted out? A lot of our neighbors seem to like the idea of high energy costs. It might get him made king.

i was just pointing out the silliness of thinking any sitting US President wanting to get re-elected would wish for expensive gas

all conspiracy theories aside

(cause, you know, he could appeal to the 5% of Americans who somehow ... want ... more expensive gas ... for some reason ... and the other 95% ... let's see ... hmmm ... well, he'll think of something)

:)

i was just pointing out the silliness of thinking any sitting US President wanting to get re-elected would wish for expensive gas

(cause, you know, he could appeal to the 5% of Americans who somehow ... want ... more expensive gas ... for some reason ... and the other 95% ... let's see ... hmmm ... well, he'll think of something)

What did Obama say last year when gas was $4/gallon? He came right out and said that he'd like higher gas prices, just not so quick. Those are his words (paraphrased) not mine. What have other democrats said on the subject? It may be silly but it really is what they want.

In the mean time, Cap and Tax will increase the price of everything and the new auto standards will further increase the cost of cars. Apparently they aren't worried about this hurting their chances of being elected.

Last edited:
we gave a company to keep them from going bankrupt and closing facilities down. Great Idea and what happened, well they are still filing bankrupcy, shuttig down at least 12 plants including one here in Shreveport Louisiana, shutting down dealerships, and causing residual suppliers to either sht down or close completely.

On top of that we have the largest tax increase passing the houe last Saturday in the form of a "save the environment" Bill. Now I am all for the environment and would hate to see the reefs die, would make for some crappy dives, but this bill is insane.

Then you have Los Angeles saving they are going to get totally off of coal in the next 20 years. Never mind they never say with what, jsut that they are getting off of coal. If O-Bama were out of office right now it would take close to ten years before we could totally reverse all that he has done. The only problem is we have (hopefully) another 3 and a half years with this douche.

Wonder how it is before acorn starts trying to repeal the 22nd (term limits for presidents, I think that is the correct admendment) under the guise that America can not survive without his excellencey Barrack Hussien Obama?

Wonder how it is before acorn starts trying to repeal the 22nd (term limits for presidents, I think that is the correct admendment) under the guise that America can not survive without his excellencey Barrack Hussien Obama?

LOL Not acorn but a Democrat from New York, Rep. Serrano.

If you have any misconception that his new energy bill will not materially or significantly increase business and consumer energy costs you should read the bill. Ironically, you will have likely read it before most all congresspeople that voted for it. I am assuming you are on the goverment paryroll? Am I right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom